Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Put a short cooldown on the rest button
See title. Currently there is zero cooldown and people are using macros that cause other people's ears to explode. Generally only admins can emote without cooldowns. I'm not saying to make it impossible for people to spam clicking rest with one hand, when a rest dance gets going on the shuttle I enjoy that. But if you limit it to the speed of one-hand-clicking then I think that will help poor headphone users, be a bit more consistent with cooldowns on actions in general, all while keeping rest dancing and not affecting balance.
flumpplmlpmlpmlpmplmlpmmmlpllpmlmpmplmlpmlpmlm flump flump

flump flump flump

scream flump flump flump
(09-09-2020, 11:20 AM)Superlagg Wrote: flumpplmlpmlpmlpmplmlpmmmlpllpmlmpmplmlpmlpmlm flump flump

flump flump flump

scream flump flump flump
Better yet, have it roll a chance to give yourself a muscle cramp if you perform it more than 10 times in a minute
Reasonable request. I'll say as someone who occasionally uses headset it can get to be a bit much, but that's kind of the shuttle in general. Might be handy to have an in game mute button.
Implemented, now that this PR has been merged. Now there's a short 0.1 second cooldown on Rest/Stand toggle. Moving to Good Ideas.

As always, if you feel the cooldown should be adjusted or even removed, I recommend making a thread. Alternatively, ping Tarmunora/yass in Discord. If you've the appropriate software set up for making pull requests on the Goonstation source (this guide can help you with that), you can also make a pull request to adjust the cooldown or remove it and ask people to contribute their thoughts (putting [FEEDBACK] I believe lets a bot make a corresponding thread in the forums).