Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] HoS Cape Rebalancing/Availability Changes
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE] [INPUT WANTED]
About the PR

Basically, the HoS cape is overpowered and kind of in a weird spot. Currently the HoS spawns with it on submarine maps, but it's effectively Captain armor with a different sprite. This is a really powerful thing to have as a spawn item and completely throws any other clothing item that the HoS has out the window in terms of viability! My PR here turns it into a sidegrade of the HoS' Jacket instead, where the jacket has cold resistance, the cape has heat resistance properties due to the fabric it's made from. The description has been updated to reflect this.
The cape has been placed next to the jacket in the HoS' locker on ALL maps, so you can flaunt your style anywhere. It was also removed as a spawn item, and I corrected a few weird naming conventions with both the jacket and the cape.

![Cape](https://user-images.githubusercontent.co...d57643.png)
![Jacket](https://user-images.githubusercontent.co...946c83.png)
![Locker](https://user-images.githubusercontent.co...4c22e9.png)

Why's this needed?

Personally I feel like the cape being the equivalent to a full suit of armor is really silly. It's a cape, a whispy and lightweight thing that flows beautifully in the cool breeze from the air ducts! Balancing issues aside, nowadays it's super easy for the HoS to walk into the armory and get full riot gear now if they really want that kind of armor. Having it an exclusive to the submarine maps is really odd too, considering all the other clothing options have been in the HoS' clothing box in their locker for ages.
It being comparable to the jacket yet slightly different allows it to be somewhat more interesting in terms of a situational choice too, would you rather wear the jacket to protect against potential hull breaches? Or should you wear the cape since the CE going insane and superheating the station?

Any comments from current HoS players would be welcome, for or against these changes! Kyle mentioned on discord that the cape shouldn't have that much armor, so I figured this would be an interesting way to make it more available and less overpowered.

Changelog

Code:
(u)makkipakki:
(*)Added the HoS' Cape to their locker on all maps! Comes with a rebalancing to make it a sidegrade to the HoS' Jacket.
(+)HoS no longer spawns with the Cape on submarine maps.
(+)Changes to both the HoS Jacket and Cape names and descriptions.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
As a person who always run the jacket bar Manta, I think this is pretty nice and adds another X vs. Y option for the HoS that fits with the role. My only kinda personal want is for the jacket/cape to have at least *some* kind of armor that isn't majorly outclassed by a vest, but that's probably just me.
You gotta suffer for fashion.
Cape could increase the chance of bullets missing, while the suit gives you bleed protection (The red coloring makes it harder to see the blood spilling out!)
Actually yeah that would be a bit more of an interesting trade-off outside of thermal differences.

One of them making you a bit bleed resistant due to padding, and the other making you dodgy. Neat. While the normal vest is just STRONG armor.
I didn't even know the cape was that strong. Just making it the same as the jacket would be fine.
I'd love the dodgy mechnic. It's like Batman
SS13 makes you *feel* like Batman.
It'd be nice if the HoS coat/cape could just sprite swap like the vest?
(09-10-2020, 01:19 PM)Leeanei Wrote: It'd be nice if the HoS coat/cape could just sprite swap like the vest?

Was gonna do that but then they'd just be identical stats and that's kinda boring. Being able to foldswap different statted stuff on the fly is a no-no

(09-09-2020, 03:10 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Cape could increase the chance of bullets missing, while the suit gives you bleed protection (The red coloring makes it harder to see the blood spilling out!)

I think it would be a neat function too, but it would likely make the cape the go-to over the jacket. Being able to have any kind of extra dodge against bullets is incredibly strong with the way most common projectile weaponry is balanced (low capacity to make up for how common/easy to get it is)
Extra dodge IS very strong, holy heck. Try use the Wolf Defensive Howl and you'll see just how strong it can be if used up close.

This PR is decent enough as it is. A part of me wishes normal officers could have this sort of customizability with their armor too, perhaps linked in with the weapon requisition thingy, but this is not the thread to discuss.
Cape should give you the matrix flopout trait while wearing it. That would be reasonable
Merged/implemented, cape and jacket have similar melee and ranged protection, but cape is more heat resistant while jacket is more cold resistant, as the PR intended, without any of the suggested ideas discussed in this thread. Moving to Good ideas! subforum.

Seems some people are pretty interested in giving cape and jacket some other stats (which I don't think are necessarily incompatible with thermal protection distinctions), so as always, I highly encourage people to make a thread to share their ideas.