Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New cloning changes feedback + suggestions
Please post your feedback + suggestions for the new cloning changes. If you mention a bug, please make a bug report on Github and link it here.
How do people feel about cloning being faster than it used to be when there's a standby clone available? 

As a doctor I have found myself telling people to succumb more often, so that they can be cloned, rather than going through surgery to fix organ damage, dealing with large amounts of reagents, or healing significant amounts of damage.

Some of this is probably just on liver failure and toxin damage taking a lot more effort to solve than other conditions that you typically see in medbay.
I am not sure if it's just me or perhaps my chem game is off, but I used to add a bit of charcoal, mannitol, styptic, and silver to cloning pods to help speed up cloning - but whenever I do that now the clone immediately comes out as a white messy husk. I don't think those chems have an overdose effect do they?

Also does anyone notice genetic analysis doesn't seem to work now? Speaking of genetic analysis, it's not very good, i'd actually argue it should just be changed in how that functions, maybe it gives research a bit of materials and chromosomes and activates beneficial genes instead of only ones already in you?
(09-08-2020, 09:14 AM)TheMaskedMan2 Wrote: I am not sure if it's just me or perhaps my chem game is off, but I used to add a bit of charcoal, mannitol, styptic, and silver to cloning pods to help speed up cloning - but whenever I do that now the clone immediately comes out as a white messy husk. I don't think those chems have an overdose effect do they?

Also does anyone notice genetic analysis doesn't seem to work now? Speaking of genetic analysis, it's not very good, i'd actually argue it should just be changed in how that functions, maybe it gives research a bit of materials and chromosomes and activates beneficial genes instead of only ones already in you?

I have long used styptic powder to gib people in cloners.... remember, it and silver sulf damage when they're injected. That is why.

(09-07-2020, 10:05 PM)Flourish Wrote: Please post your feedback + suggestions for the new cloning changes. If you mention a bug, please make a bug report on Github and link it here.

Only real feedback, and maybe it's already done, but add a buildable cloning kit to qm for a steep cost?

Also it would be cool if there was an upgrade that let people be awake and talk during their cloning process, maybe at like 15 percent. Let em see out the pod too.
Charcoal might have issues with pushing out useful chemicals? I always use salicyclic acid and potassium iodine to speed up cloning.
I use saline gluc meself and painkiller yeah, be funny if we coould just like... shove a burger in the tank "I'm helping"
Made a PR with some additional (mostly small changes) here. The discussion thread's here.
(09-08-2020, 10:30 AM)vampirate Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 09:14 AM)TheMaskedMan2 Wrote: I am not sure if it's just me or perhaps my chem game is off, but I used to add a bit of charcoal, mannitol, styptic, and silver to cloning pods to help speed up cloning - but whenever I do that now the clone immediately comes out as a white messy husk. I don't think those chems have an overdose effect do they?

I have long used styptic powder to gib people in cloners.... remember, it and silver sulf  damage when they're injected.    That is why.

(09-07-2020, 10:05 PM)Flourish Wrote: Please post your feedback + suggestions for the new cloning changes. If you mention a bug, please make a bug report on Github and link it here.

Only real feedback, and maybe it's already done, but add a buildable cloning kit to qm for a steep cost?

Also it would be cool if there was an upgrade that let people be awake and talk during their cloning process, maybe at like 15 percent.  Let em see out the pod too.

There's already a cloning kit that costs 30k?
Nifty, sorry I been out for a bti. Did not realize.