Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spooktober 2020 Suggestions Thread
Let all traitors+nukeops buy the butcher knife and syndicate chainsaw
Add a lessened powersink, that only destroys all lights or turns them off via APC. Same sprite as powersink, same way of planting, when removed bring back all lights.
This could make for a really cool horror aspect, with survivors walking in groups of three and four, When all you hear is a scream, and another person is gone, lost to X horror character
Or make it so the power grid actually fails when stuff goes wrong.
Add plushies to either the ghostcritter pool or the antag critter pool. There are lots of horror movies about possessed or evil dolls, I'm sure we can pull it off too.

This would require a new plushie mob, but it'd be fairly straightforward and copy paste for the most part.
Ghost farts occasionally push people over, fling things across the room, or open and close doors... Pootregeists
Discount Blob latejoin job. Spawns with obesity and matter eater.
-I alluded to this on discord, but a dragon latejoin thingy.
Would have an entire matching dragon costume set and maybe fire breath or something. I'm thinking we could do a special colour variant for the alt jumpsuit crowd.

-Let ghosts transport ouija boards around the map in some manner, in case the crew aren't near one.
How about that if a player puts on a full costume suit; it has a really low chance to become either: sticky and not removable on your own - or you might turn into...a monster corresponding to the suit.

Or how about spider and clown spider infestations?
Seasonal Antag: Slasher
An uncommon yet sp00ky rampage antagonist and walking bundle of horror movie cliches.

Spawns with:
  • random costume(+unremovable mask, can't show the killer's face) and can choose an appropriately menacing name
  • random signature weapon
  • staff assistant access level
Slashers are given some sort of gimmick objective to follow (steal your victims' butts, beat gene-nerds with vuvuzelas, etc.).
+If enabled on RP, add in a suitable motive to assist RP.

Throw in some classic trope abilities, such as a revive if the slasher's body isn't fully destroyed and you-can-run-but-you-can't-hide target marking + improved ability to break into places.

Combine that with some boosted stamina regen and light damage resistance from the costume and you would get a mildly menacing (late join?) antagonist with the ability to terrify the crew slasher film style.
Some great ideas in here. A bunch of the ones below I really liked and would like to do or see someone do too. 

(09-08-2020, 03:09 AM)Mouse Wrote: Put a costume on all the station pets.

Give costumes to nukies like how they get Santa suits during Spacemas.

Dicount Superhero latejoin job.  Comes with wrestling pants, a randomly colored bedsheet cape, a mask, and laser eyes.
I love all of these ideas, would need sprites for the first two though and I don't sprite suckaa. The superhero one would be great though. Someone just has to make the job, shouldn't be too tough. I feel like they should have sec access and not be able to start as a traitor if they are to really be a superhero, discount or otherwise.

(09-08-2020, 01:09 PM)jan.antilles Wrote: Random screams attached to more items on interaction, similar to how the chef's Pizza Dough has a chance to scream when you roll it out!
This sounds great. And it's great for spooktober because in the code adding it to random places in the game doesn't really have the overhead it would normally since it would only be for spooktober. I'd need to have more specific ideas for what sorts of things should make scream sounds. Would be good to have a wider variety of scream sounds too, we only have like a dozen or so. Would be fun if we could get people to make scream sounds for us. Maybe that could be a monthly contest.
(09-08-2020, 06:46 PM)phyvo Wrote: Put a cauldron in the public market where anyone can make soup, broth, or potions out of literally anything and anybody.

More spiders and their variants spawning, both player controlled and angry npcs.

Zombie costume for sale.

witch costume for sale with green, long-nosed mask (complete with mandatory broom).

Donk pockets shaped like the heads of various monsters.

Martian costume.

Blob costume.

Candy corn. This is probably already in there.
Like a lot of these. Cauldron sounds fun, same with clownspider spawns. I'd like to add that a lot. Ever since batelite made those clownspider buttons I really like seeing them play.

(09-08-2020, 07:50 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Let all traitors+nukeops buy the butcher knife and syndicate chainsaw
I like letting em all have the chainsaw, but the butcher knife might be too much since it's a gibbing object. I don't think the chainsaw gibs anymore.
(09-14-2020, 10:31 PM)Flourish Wrote: Add plushies to either the ghostcritter pool or the antag critter pool. There are lots of horror movies about possessed or evil dolls, I'm sure we can pull it off too.

This would require a new plushie mob, but it'd be fairly straightforward and copy paste for the most part.
This one is amazing. We already have all the sprites we need, all we need to do is make a simple critter mob for it and add it to the pool for ghost critters or antag critters. Could give em each a knife or some other chucky-esque weapons if they are antags. I can't decide which is better. I guess being antags is more in line with spooky, otherwise it would just be cute like toy story or something.
(09-15-2020, 12:19 AM)vampirate Wrote: Ghost farts occasionally push people over, fling things across the room, or open and close doors...  Pootregeists
I like this idea. I was planning to give ghosts a bit more power over the living and maybe this is the way to do it instead of my original idea which was a new ability that would let ghosts interact a bit more.
(09-18-2020, 06:54 PM)GORE Wrote: Or how about spider and clown spider infestations?
Clown spider infestations random event antags or just regular npc random event stuff. That would be real cool.
You know - Halloween is my favorite time of the year; and although my favorite club sadly is closed due to Corona - I am happy that I will still be able to enjoy a full month of SS13 Halloween goodness.

I suck at spriting...but I might sit my ass down on Tuesday and try myself at some of these Halloween ideas; if anything pans out well enough I shall update this in this thread. smile

---

Come to think of it.
Evil dolls...mhh - wouldn't an antag that manifests in one object of its choosing be quite exciting? I am kinda thinking of an Antag that could also be included for regular rounds later on.

Would need some entities added to all maps so they would be compatible but here I go.

A strange space-trader has delivered a bunch of dolls onto the station (robotic or not?) - somehow they have left their area of delivery and seemingly turned on and wandered around until their battery was done for.
One of these dolls seems more sentient than others...sentient like murderous sentient.

It be an Antag that hides as a doll; small - nimble - fast. Chucky style.
The dolls spread around the station are there for it to not be completely obvious from the get-go. To hide amongst similar looking entities.
Some of these dolls just sit around; others might walk a few tiles like the boogie bot and spit some flavor text and then there is the true Antag doll; which is far more menacing.

An antag like this would directly influence the visual appearance of the station from roundstart - hence many dolls spread around the station.

Just spit-balling here.
Be a bit different to have an object based Antag. Especially since it would have to live with that miniscule body for the complete duration.
Whether it be a ghost in the shell or a haunted doll - that can be up for discussion...but something like that could be neat.
I was gonna actually do this myself but I couldn't find any already existing Halloween define.

But I think it'd be nice to be able to buy the monster costumes from the clothing booth, only for Halloween though
I know I'd have to sprite for this but

Reskinned kudzu that looks like webbing.
(Why did *I* get this idea?)
And people dropped into this spider kudzu infestation get turned into Clown-spiders?
Add floor cluwnes to antag pool Haha just kidding, they don't exist anyway