Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Lizards can be selected through character creation
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE]
About the PR

You can choose to be either a human or a lizard in the character creation menu.

Why's this needed?

so box ta can stop playing a fucking human

Also as someone who outright refuses to show up to work without scales and a ssshitty accent, I want to spend my spacebux on other things too. Plus, ever since buying lizard's started being a thing, I've been a bit more pissy about dying and more reluctant to do dumb things, cus it'd mean potentially running out of cash to fuel my dumb space-animal addiction. Which sucks, cus I like dying like an idiot to dumb things!

Changelog

Code:
(u)Superlagg:
(*)Removed Reptilian from SpaceBux purchases. Instead, you can choose to be one through character creation.
piss

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
hi gitbot
Yey, might get me to try one of them for once, I don't like spending spacebux on anything but blue outfits for sec
this PR is pretty old now, I think it's a good idea but kinda sucks to just have it be lizards since they feel like the mutantrace that's the least interesting of a pick (since it, to me, feels both the most generic out of the ones we have and mostly Just Aesthetic still). Would be a good future PR to have roaches and cows and the other Fun Stuff maybe
I'll muse what as expressed in previous threads about the introduction of lizards (and other mutantraces/aliens) as playable races.

It's centered around this

Quote: cus it'd mean potentially running out of cash to fuel my dumb space-animal addiction

I mean.. that's the point. The entire reason for it being a space bux purchase is so that you don't play as a lizard 24/7.

I personally have no issue, but I do think there needs to be a give and take. I would feel that it would be better as a -1 cost trait, so you sacrifice a trait purchase instead of a space bux purchase. I genuinely can't see any other better way of doing this.

I also agree that this should be expanded to other races as traits.
What about people that want to always arrive via missiles?
Can we not like...split space-bux purchases into two things?

1. Mutatrance selection (in character creation - still costing Space-Bux)
2. All the other SpaceBux things (normal Space-Bux menu)

Setting it up in your character profile to automatically buy a mutatrance if enough Space-Bux is on your account; then leaving you to choose the other stuff as normal.

So remove the mutatrances from the Space-Bux purchase menu; move them to the character profile - but still have them take Space-Bux per round.

---

I for one think roach life is best life.
(09-23-2020, 02:21 AM)Sundance Wrote: I'll muse what as expressed in previous threads about the introduction of lizards (and other mutantraces/aliens) as playable races.

It's centered around this

Quote: cus it'd mean potentially running out of cash to fuel my dumb space-animal addiction

I mean.. that's the point. The entire reason for it being a space bux purchase is so that you don't play as a lizard 24/7.

I personally have no issue, but I do think there needs to be a give and take. I would feel that it would be better as a -1 cost trait, so you sacrifice a trait purchase instead of a space bux purchase. I genuinely can't see any other better way of doing this.

I also agree that this should be expanded to other races as traits.

I agree. Making them traits would put them in line with other RP stuff like accents.

And considering that there are other traits that apply unremovable mutations to you, it makes it consistent with those.

I think we can figure out costs based on if we want to add additional mutations. -1 for lizards is fine if being a lizard is purely cosmetic, but we could bundle it with vulnerability to extreme temp (cold blooded) and make it a 0 point cost trait instead.
Yeaaah totally want this, id play as lizard every round but I run outa spacebux, because I die quite often, or don't escape due to the lack of escape pods on oshan
If we are making this a trait...please increase trait maximum from 6 to 7 as well.
I for one would severly miss fun traits like allergy due to this. frown
Making mutants a trait is actually a much better idea. Just about everything in character creation is about changing the character's appearance holder, a bunch of (MOSTLY) gameplay-neutral things. This might limit what fuckery I can do to the mutants, or something.

Though! I do want to keep the mutant character preview thing so you can see what your sparkleherp'll look like before spawning. Cus they never really look like how you'd expect, thank you very much fix_colors!

As a trait though, sky's the limit! Lot more freedom to add in balance-changing bullshit without making it a free pick for everyone.

Also, what would you say for some kind of mutant extension package trait that'd add a bunch of additional tweaks to your mutant? Things like heat-sensitive organs and color shifting for lizards, color blindness and bovine digestion processes for cows, and so on. Opt in to obnoxious, optional features.
(09-24-2020, 09:04 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Making mutants a trait is actually a much better idea. Just about everything in character creation is about changing the character's appearance holder, a bunch of (MOSTLY) gameplay-neutral things. This might limit what fuckery I can do to the mutants, or something.

Though! I do want to keep the mutant character preview thing so you can see what your sparkleherp'll look like before spawning. Cus they never really look like how you'd expect, thank you very much fix_colors!

As a trait though, sky's the limit! Lot more freedom to add in balance-changing bullshit without making it a free pick for everyone.

Also, what would you say for some kind of mutant extension package trait that'd add a bunch of additional tweaks to your mutant? Things like heat-sensitive organs and color shifting for lizards, color blindness and bovine digestion processes for cows, and so on. Opt in to obnoxious, optional features.

Hmm would there be a way of showing traits on the character preview screen? It would seem like it's outside the scope of the OG idea, so if it's too much of a hassle I don't think anyone would be too sad if it's not possible. That said it would be handy for things outside mutantraces/aliens too, such as robotic arms.

I like the idea of opt in features, you can mix+match things or do a "pure" lizard build.
Adding a thing that makes some lizard bodies behave differently from other lizard bodies without being able to tell at a glance what kind of lizard a person is seems really annoying.
Like, what if I am a doctor or a murderer, it will be hard for me to figure out how to treat/kill this person if I don't know how their organs will react or whatever.
I'd prefer keeping all lizards the same, for consistencies sake, whether they are just cosmetic or actually different.
Superlagg's closed this PR in favor of making a different one that converts the Spacebux race options into traits that cost trait points. (And trait limit has been updated to 7 accommodate that.)