Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add an option to turn off screen-shake effects
Almost all of them actually make me feel phsyically ill and I have to look away from the screen when they happen.

I suppose you could argue that screen shake is supposed to be a balance concern but it genuinelly just makes me feel sick.
The only one that actually feels like it has a balance impact to me is the radstorm one, and that one is stupid anyway. (Do we even have radstorm shaking still?)
So I wouldn't mind if there were an option to turn these off.
explosions can also cause screen shake, but IMO any form of screen shake is just utterly disabling and annoying, so I'm not opposed to removing screen shake all together.
Radstorm one is rough but I love when it happens and new players are freaking out about it.
Hate the radstorm one, genuinely makes me feel sick.
imo screenshake from radstorms should be toned down enough that turning it off or on won't give you a significant advantage or disadvantage, cause it doesn't give me a headache and I like the visual effect it has but god it makes it impossible to interact with anything.
(09-07-2020, 07:12 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: imo screenshake from radstorms should be toned down enough that turning it off or on won't give you a significant advantage or disadvantage, cause it doesn't give me a headache and I like the visual effect it has but god it makes it impossible to interact with anything.

This is what Im worried about yeah. Currently when radstorm is happening and everyone is hiding together in a tunnel and screen is shaking theres no way to really attack someone but if someone is able to turn off the shake and another person doesn't have it turned off its pretty much a full minute of shaking screen that the person with it turned off and just murderize the other person.
Getting rid of screen shake would be good for people with the related motion sickness issues.
I could see keeping (albeit toned down) the screen shake from distant explosions because that actually adds something of value to the game (namely, knowing there was a distant explosion), but the radstorm screen shake is just obnoxious, as is the slamming palms on table while wearing a lawyer suit one.
Reduce screen shake, but make everyone dizzy when it happens.

I always thought screen shake moments were like the parts in Star Trek where everyone pretends to get thrown around
Tone down the radstorm yes. Keep the major shake for explosions, as it makes sense.

Also I forgot about the lawyer one, the OBJECTION and the corresponding slam is good enough for me, no need for a shake.
Optional screenshakes for shit like the OBJECTION stuff would be fine IMO, since it can be funny to see the entire fucking screen shake when a lawyer objects, but otherwise I 100% agree that screenshakes should be primarily a non-intrusive visual cue that won't impact the game all that much at all, and as such can be disabled by people more sensitive to that sort of thing.

I also quite like the idea of doing Confusion instead of Screen Shakes in general though, since it's far more disorientating in a good way without making someone actually sick.
The recent reduction change helps a bit, thanks!
It helps a bit but I still find screenshake nauseating.