Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Adds the Syndicate Wet Floor sign
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Adds a new traitor item for the janitor - the Lubed Floor Sign (please suggest a better name). Costs 2 evil coins.

It looks like a regular wet floor sign but has a (red) bucket full of superlube loaded inside. When someone steps near it sprays 1 unit of that bucket under their feet with some probability and cooldown. Galoshes protect you from the spray (but not from already applied lube). You can click on the sign with a different reagent container to replace the payload (yes, nitroglycerin works).

Not sure about the price, tell me if 2 is too much or too little.

Why's this needed?
We need more traitor items.
We also need people to respect the damn wet floor signs.

Changelog

Code:
(u)pali
(*)Traitor janitors can now buy a very special wet floor sign

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
When a player slips on the lube, the sign should point to itself.
Anything to make being a traitor janitor even more fun is excellent in my books.
Might be cool if you could anchor it with a wrench, so it'd not the easiest thing to space.
(It'd still be easy, but not every crewmember has a wrench on them. :P)
(09-05-2020, 03:46 PM)BatElite Wrote: Might be cool if you could anchor it with a wrench, so it'd not the easiest thing to space.

I'd like it to be ID-locked, so you have to find the person who put it there to move it. Traitors could use burner IDs stolen from others to deny culpability.

Alternatively the anchor function could be accessed by agent cards.

The workaround could be having it also unanchor if there's no floor under it, so if someone really wants it gone they have to go to the effort of removing the floor to get it out of the way.
(09-05-2020, 03:46 PM)BatElite Wrote: Might be cool if you could anchor it with a wrench, so it'd not the easiest thing to space.

Now all signs are (un)anchorable with a wrench.

(09-06-2020, 02:38 AM)Honk Twice Wrote:

I'd like it to be ID-locked, so you have to find the person who put it there to move it. Traitors could use burner IDs stolen by others to deny culpability.

The workaround could be having it also unanchor if there's no floor under it, so if someone really wants it gone they have to go to the effort of removing the floor to get it out of the way.

Making it essentially unremovalbe like that would make it a much more expensive traitor item imo.
(09-06-2020, 04:47 AM)pali6 Wrote: Making it essentially unremovalbe like that would make it a much more expensive traitor item imo.

Well Kudzu and Power sinks are also difficult to remove, but have more global effects on the station than just 1 room. 

Compared to the 4 and 5 telecrystal cost of those I thought 3 was fitting, which is what a wet floor sign + agent card adds up to. I think there's a neat design to a traitor item which gets more functions if you also have an agent card.
(09-06-2020, 05:09 AM)Honk Twice Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 04:47 AM)pali6 Wrote: Making it essentially unremovalbe like that would make it a much more expensive traitor item imo.

Well Kudzu and Power sinks are also difficult to remove, but have more global effects on the station than just 1 room. 

Compared to the 4 and 5 telecrystal cost of those I thought 3 was fitting, which is what a wet floor sign + agent card adds up to. I think there's a neat design to a traitor item which gets more functions if you also have an agent card.

the wet floor sign could be extremely deadly with proper placement ie at cog 1 escape you could place it in a way where people would get slipped out of an airlock
(09-06-2020, 05:49 AM)subjectparfait Wrote:

the wet floor sign could be extremely deadly with proper placement ie at cog 1 escape you could place it in a way where people would get slipped out of an airlock

You'd still have to open the airlocks there and place the sign and people would have to walk past an incredibly obvious floor sign and then immediately know that the Janitor is probably a traitor.
(09-06-2020, 07:04 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 05:49 AM)subjectparfait Wrote:

You'd still have to open the airlocks there and place the sign and people would have to walk past an incredibly obvious floor sign and then immediately know that the Janitor is probably a traitor.
yep but you would be suprised how unobservant some players are
It is a good point about knowing the janitor must be a traitor. It might be a good idea to make it a fairly common pull on surplus crates as well
(09-06-2020, 04:47 AM)pali6 Wrote:

Now all signs are (un)anchorable with a wrench.

(09-06-2020, 02:38 AM)Honk Twice Wrote:

I'd like it to be ID-locked, so you have to find the person who put it there to move it. Traitors could use burner IDs stolen by others to deny culpability.

Making it essentially unremovalbe like that would make it a much more expensive traitor item imo.

maybe make swapping out the reagent container id locked or fingerprint locked? to stop people from disabling it by clicking on it with an empty beaker and stealing 50u of super lube

also i second sovs idea of calling it the slip and sign because that is hilarious and descriptive
(09-06-2020, 12:51 PM)vampirate Wrote: It is a good point about knowing the janitor must be a traitor.    It might be a good idea to make it a fairly common pull on surplus crates as well

I mean its the same if you see meatcubes running around on the station. Its either janitor or surplus crate.
(09-06-2020, 03:44 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 12:51 PM)vampirate Wrote: It is a good point about knowing the janitor must be a traitor.    It might be a good idea to make it a fairly common pull on surplus crates as well

I mean its the same if you see meatcubes running around on the station. Its either janitor or surplus crate.

Being revealed isnt a game over its just a difficulty tweak
How about needing the long janitor gloves to replace the bucket payload? Does that sound good? (They are supposed to be in the janitor locker but it seems they are only in the unlocked version, Ill add them to the secure janitor closet too.)
(09-07-2020, 12:03 PM)pali6 Wrote: How about needing the long janitor gloves to replace the bucket payload? Does that sound good? (They are supposed to be in the janitor locker but it seems they are only in the unlocked version, Ill add them to the secure janitor closet too.)
yes that seems like a good idea would give a use to the cleaning gloves also they are in the jani tech aswell as the lockers. if you are planning on adding it to surplus crates maybe add a box of janitor gear aswell? so people can use it fully without having to steal alot of stuff.