Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ideas for a wraith rework
I love these ideas. Gives me Nyarlathotep vibes where it manifests as a powerful being before dissipating. 

As I always felt the wraith was analogous with eldritch stuff, here's some tweaks for the manifested form that I would feel would fit thematically:

Madness Cloud 
Instead of pestilence, it spews a cloud of a weaker form of Rajaijah, forcing players to fight among each other. This weaker form allows you to resist the urge to murder your fellow crewmembers, if only barely. This would fit in well at melee range.

Flesh Puppetry 
An advanced form of Possession, however Flesh Puppetry requires the target to be alive. The Wraith instantly jumps into and assumes control of its target, with a big red message. The wraith cannot use suicide or succumb and cannot target itself whether it be to heal or harm. This only lasts 10 seconds, in which the wraith is booted out and is manifested again a few tiles away. Dying in this form is detrimental to the wraith, it will cost itself one of its lives. Very useful and can be very deadly, depending on the circumstances. Hitting someone with the bible while being controlled will instantly force it out.

Unspeakable Horror
Mutes and makes all targets cry/sob/scream in range for a period of time. Shuts players the fuck up, effectively. 

Ectoplasmic Shell
I'd separate this from the scythe ability, so it's effectively a wraiths version of the Wizard's shield, but it instead has health as described in the OP before bursting into ectoplasm. Can be used to tank ranged attacks, however someone in melee range could also disrupt it. Hitting it with the bible (or even throwing the bible) instantly destroys it.

The Cull
The Scythe ability as described in the OP. I think it'd be more fun that instead of being a temporary direct damage upgrade, it's effectively the same damage as a scalpel, but has a chance to remove limbs AND organs (aside from hearts) upon every swipe. The downside is that the aside from this ability which has a relatively short cooldown, the wraith has no other direct offensive abilities while manifested, so use this ability wisely. 

Invoke Twilight
Literally copy and paste the same code as the darkness artifacts. Creates an area of darkness for a short time. The wraith also gains night-vision, but only so long as this ability is active.

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for a wraith rework - by Mouse - 09-05-2020, 01:45 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Studenterhue - 09-11-2020, 01:20 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by TheMaskedMan2 - 09-17-2020, 12:41 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Frank_Stein - 09-17-2020, 05:10 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Mouse - 09-18-2020, 06:06 AM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Dickles - 09-17-2020, 06:40 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Frank_Stein - 09-17-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Wisecrack34 - 09-17-2020, 10:54 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Sundance - 09-18-2020, 08:36 AM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Mouse - 10-01-2020, 04:32 AM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Kira - 10-07-2020, 09:59 AM