Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ideas for a wraith rework
Right now, wraith doesn't feel like a "real" antag to me, just a nuisance. I'm not annoyed by it, it's okay, it's something different. I probably would be if it wasn't so rare though.

I've only played one wraith round, but it was a super slow start (I couldn't kill people on my own, just annoy them), then I got more points than I could use, then I wasn't paying attention and walked on salt and died, then I was back to super slow start and the shuttle was there.

One thing I really like is teamwork amongst unequal partners, and that doesn't really happen by default in any gamemode. One round I played as a traitor a wraith was really interested in working together and that was a great round. I don't know, maybe it would take away from the magic of these rare alliances to have it as part of a mode by default, but I think wraith would really benefit from a human teammate.

If you had a hard-mode traitor-like human, you guys could work together. It would help alleviate the slow build up, and maybe you could spend your massive amount of points to help them out in someway, give them gifts? It would also give the crew something solid to attack if they figure it out; losing your human would be a big blow. It could give them a way to attack you easier. Maybe you could sacrifice people instead of just eating corpses for more reward, but that might be too spooky.

I do like mouse's idea of making manifesting more viable. The worst part of wraith to me was walking on a salt pile and hiding for a minute and hoping noone saw me. Making manifested wraith stronger and giving it a reason to do seems like a good change to me.

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for a wraith rework - by Mouse - 09-05-2020, 01:45 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Studenterhue - 09-11-2020, 01:20 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by TheMaskedMan2 - 09-17-2020, 12:41 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Frank_Stein - 09-17-2020, 05:10 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Mouse - 09-18-2020, 06:06 AM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Dickles - 09-17-2020, 06:40 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Frank_Stein - 09-17-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Wisecrack34 - 09-17-2020, 10:54 PM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Sundance - 09-18-2020, 08:36 AM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Mouse - 10-01-2020, 04:32 AM
RE: Ideas for a wraith rework - by Kira - 10-07-2020, 09:59 AM