Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sec Stun Baton Alternatives
Alternatives to the tired but true, ol reliable Stun Baton. These aren't ideas for replacements, but rather side grades, maybe for a more customizable Sec Loadout, maybe as a Sec Locker available item. All names and mechanics pending

1. Alpha Eagle Extremes Mag-Brite "Sentry" MegaXL Tactical Flashlight

A Carbon Fiber Frame, Highpowered Black Hand Flashlight

Turn it off or on in hand, and it's a very bright and long reaching light source
Hit people with it on disarm to flash it in their eyes, the same as a handheld flash.
Harm will bash them with the heavy frame and do damage slightly worse than a baton
Has a glass breaker for extra damage in smashing through glass
Light will not burn out, but runs on 300 Cell Battery with the Flash effect draining 30

2. Kowloon Incorporated's "Sun Wukong" Collapsible Pacification Pole

A lightweight aluminum baton that can expand into a two handed pole arm.

When collapsed, it can fit easily into a pocket. It has no stun setting, and does minor damage.
However, it's unparalleled in disarming, tripping, blocking, and pinning opponents to the ground, and has a ranged special attack that lets you vault over obstacles
Disarm to knock items from hands
Harm to trip
Disarm to pin prone enemies

3. Hauer & Hammer's "Gorgon" Stasis Rod

A small hand held rod that can create a gravitational energy field. It has a unremovable fast recharging battery.

The field will catch the first object that touches it. Objects caught in the field remain suspended in the air until the rod is powered off or bashed open. Projectiles caught in the field will continue their path after the field is deactivated. Each field created increases power drain, and you can catch yourself in your own fields

Disarm and Help create fields
Grab connects them to be dragged
Harm will dispel a field it clicks
Using it in hand dispels all fields
it would be more interesting getting beat to death by something different once in a while
These are neat and all but the sad truth is none of them are even nearly as good as the tried and true stun baton that can two-shot people into a 30 second stun lock.

Now are stun batons too powerful or should these side grades be a bit stronger? These definitely seem fun though I agree and I would love to see more variation in sec gear loadouts - I just don't see some of these being used that much because unfortunately the boring option is also the most useful.
I do wish there were more options for stun batons, but unless they’re really useful the classic stun baton with it’s 30s stun will outperform most others.

They should all have the ability somehow to reliably whack people down I think or something, maybe a baton that doesn’t knock down but prevents people from moving? But it’s special is a zap that requires people to stay still to charge up?

So you zap em to stay still and then give them the big wind up jab.