Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[PR] Add TTVs to the chest item whitelist
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[feat][input wanted]
About the PR
This PR adds TTVs to the chest item surgery whitelist, so you can be medically and ethically irresponsible in one action again.

Why's this needed?
People seem to want chest TTVs back. I figured making a PR with attached forum thread is going to get more discussion (if any) going.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
yes fartbombs good
Im sad I missed out on the fartbombs back when inserting stuff to the chest cavity was first added. I want to see it. Yes please.
I'm iffy on this, they were definitely fun for the user, but having an invisible dead man's switch at will that can delete more area than a macrobomb is kind of powerful and griefy, not to mention if you aren't an antag and do it.
How about having the character make a ticking noise when you're really close to them (red text in chat)?
backpack TTV is a way more reasonable alternative, both balance and "game logic" wise. Being able to shove 2 whole gas tanks + a valve into your chest cavitiy but not just one tank on its own is ridiculous to me.
Pretty sure TTVs were one of the major reasons for there even being a whitelist on chest items. Hell no.
Personally I just wish I could throw TTVs again. I dont really see the reason why not.
(09-05-2020, 11:47 AM)Mouse Wrote: Pretty sure TTVs were one of the major reasons for there even being a whitelist on chest items. Hell no.

No, the entire reason the whitelist came in was due to chest backpacks.
Alternate whitelisting/blacklisting TTV chest implant every other month - then everybody wins
Interesting how lukewarm the reaction is here, everybody seemed in favour on discord.

I don't have a strong opinion on whether this goes through myself, but I do recall Gere (who made the original patch) saying on discord that ttvs were unfortunate collateral.

Maybe that's a happy accident though, I can't tell.
Agreed with carbadox - Wearing TTV on back slot is reasonable
I'd be ok so long as there was some form of nerf to make them slightly less difficult to avoid, perhaps a ticking 3 second timer when they're about to go off instead of an instant boom? I think that the backpack solution could work too if the whitelist is too much.
(09-05-2020, 08:27 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I'd be ok so long as there was some form of nerf to make them slightly less difficult to avoid, perhaps a ticking 3 second timer when they're about to go off instead of an instant boom? I think that the backpack solution could work too if the whitelist is too much.

as it stands now the TTV backpack thing is real, add wires/cable to the TTV to allow it to fit to backpack slot and it gives a visible sprite on your character. I think it's best that chest TTVs stay dead.
(09-05-2020, 12:46 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Personally I just wish I could throw TTVs again. I dont really see the reason why not.

People kept using them as grenades to blow wizards or syndicates up? Turbonerdery today is throwing acid, but throwing ttvs was immensely more destructive than that.