Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[PR] Add TTVs to the chest item whitelist
Also a no. Traitors pay 12 TC for this kind of power. It's seems highly unfair that you could just do it on a trigger.

Sow a radio into your chest instead. At least then they need to deploy the bomb.
Why not give tank transfer valves in chests a fifty percent chance to fail? And also require the removal of the appendix as well. Tbh if someone wants to go through the effort of making the ttv, and putting it in their body then sure, why not? Make them set off alarms in every checkpoint they walk through tho. Cpuld also make it so electricity disrupts your ability to trigger it. Give it a bit of counterplay. I think the issue isn't on whether it should be a thing so much as can it be made fun?
The most fun way I can see it working is needing to remove vital organs so it'll mostly be something you do to someone else and not yourself
Exactly; remove vital organs to make space for it in your chest. Prepare a bunch of perf and pent before you have your lungs and liver ripped out to shove the whole thing in.
Right, I'm going to give a very serious and hard NO to this now. consider that TTVs since the change have had their maxcap raised to 15x15, and now consider that a 15x15 bomb can take out most departments by itself, and if not a second definitely can. That kind of destructive power should be INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS AND NOTICEABLE, and hiding them in your chest cavity is quite literally the opposite. Also, people will just start implanting TTVs into their chest at roundstart again and suicide bomb if they ever start getting murdered by an antag or ling stung, which is a very bad thing to do.
While I don't think my opinion counts for this, I say "No" as well. Like Drago explained, implanting a TTV in your chest completely nullifies TTV's main disadvantage of being obvious. While the idea of having to lose organs is an interesting framework on its own, I don't think it properly addresses that issue; chest TTVs would still be harder to detect and thus counter. Something like vampirate's idea to make them trip scanners would be more in tune to what I'm looking for.
How about adding a ticking that shows up in bold red in the chat? That seems like it would sate the apparent desire for chest TTVs while being noticable
I don't think TTVs should be implantable. If you really want a chest bomb you can use a pipe bomb which is strong enough.
(09-25-2020, 06:15 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: While I don't think my opinion counts for this, I say "No" as well. Like Drago explained, implanting a TTV in your chest completely nullifies TTV's main disadvantage of being obvious. While the idea of having to lose organs is an interesting framework on its own, I don't think it properly addresses that issue; chest TTVs would still be harder to detect and thus counter. Something like vampirate's idea to make them trip scanners would be more in tune to what I'm looking for.

I think you're right it should be noticeable. If going the route of needing to take out organs, I think it would require a unique sprite that shows maybe wires and junk hanging out of the person's chest.

I can imagine a scenario where a victim is injured, sent to medbay, and the doctors are not only performing surgery but also disarming the bomb
A chest TTV also nullifies the 12 point macrobomb purchase. I didn't see them used a lot, tbh, but deliberate suicide bombing is one of the least interesting antagonist tricks. The antagonist becomes a single 30 second event versus a narrative.

Oh, and people already TTV lings that are trying to eat them.
For what it's worth I saw the shuttle wiped by a chest TTV virtually every round when chest objects were added. This was, as I recall, also when the round end would consistently lag a bit, and given that the people who tend to put TTVs in their chest also tend to have no self-control whatsoever, it was an ahelp virtually every round as well.
Hellueva late, but this PR's been closed. Not because the maker saw all the backlash and closed it themselves. Rather, the bot marked it as stale since nothing happened to it for two weeks, and after ZeWaka announced in the PR he did a final call for consensus, it noticed still nothing occured since then and automatically closed it.

Anyways, normally I'd leave these closed PRs to rot, but since there seems to have been an almost unanimous reception against the idea, at least not without some major balancing factor (okay, my own opinions are probably clouding it a bit), I think I'll put this in Bad ideas. There seems to be some support for having chest item implants require losing organs, so I encourage people to make a thread if they want that...alternatively I might just do it myself.