Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[PR] Add TTVs to the chest item whitelist
Wires for the backpack? At least make it a fabric, I demand to wear bombs in comfort. :P
(09-06-2020, 01:57 AM)Honk Twice Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 12:46 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Personally I just wish I could throw TTVs again. I dont really see the reason why not.

People kept using them as grenades to blow wizards or syndicates up? Turbonerdery today is throwing acid, but throwing ttvs was immensely more destructive than that.

That was against the rules tho, you don't change good mechanics for rule breakers, you correct the rule breaker
(09-06-2020, 09:11 AM)vampirate Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 01:57 AM)Honk Twice Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 12:46 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Personally I just wish I could throw TTVs again. I dont really see the reason why not.

People kept using them as grenades to blow wizards or syndicates up? Turbonerdery today is throwing acid, but throwing ttvs was immensely more destructive than that.

That was against the rules tho, you don't change good mechanics for rule breakers, you correct the rule breaker

The rules used to say you were allowed to destroy the station if you did it for a good reason (including killing antagonists). As long as you didn't use maxcaps, but more something like the RD's starting bomb, and avoided blowing up arrivals/corridors you were fine.

There's always been more tolerance for what you did against antagonists that ended the round when they die, like syndies and wizards. There still is tolerance in this way, scientists regularly blow up half the crew with bombs and hellmixes during nukie rounds. Blob rounds tend to have significant friendly fire.
(09-06-2020, 09:11 AM)vampirate Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 01:57 AM)Honk Twice Wrote:

Exactly this. Using explosives to fight wizards and syndies is against the rules. No reason to remove chucking TTVs for people that would be breaking the rules if they did it anyway.
I didn't know you couldn't throw them anymore. Are they still one-handed? Can't fit in bags?
Personally im up for chest ttvs coming back, the whole removal of them via whitelist was just done mostly for chest backpacks and other storage items.
(09-07-2020, 09:57 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I didn't know you couldn't throw them anymore. Are they still one-handed? Can't fit in bags?

They are one handed but cant fit in bags or be thrown. If you try to throw them it just sets it next to you.
On this topic, how about only allowing bulky items into the chest, including TTVs, if you remove enough organs for it? Good luck surviving for long!
Gotta buy a special backpack which doubles as an appendix and pancreas and you get backpack chest storage <3 would be a neat trader item.
(09-07-2020, 03:17 PM)aft2001 Wrote: On this topic, how about only allowing bulky items into the chest, including TTVs, if you remove enough organs for it? Good luck surviving for long!

You should be able to remove all your organs and implant a dragable only item, like crates and tipped over vendors
Not a fan. You can wear a TTV on your back if you want an explosive to carry around. The reason why you can't put TTVs in your backpack anymore is because having an invisible TTV sucked butt.
Any consensus? Need to see community input on this balance change.
I feel it should be noted that single tank bombs can still be put into a chest as an alternative to TTVs.
ttvs in chests are poo, thats my opinion
Probably no, unless there's some huge downside (i.e. needing to remove organs to make room)