Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] UM-051 - Adjusted QM Security Crate pricing and contents
Spawn as an NT-SO.
(09-05-2020, 11:30 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I thought it was kinda weird that the armory had clock mags, how do you obtain those right now?

Armory does not have clock ammo, just the standard sec vendors. I wouldn't be opposed to maybe adding a clock or two to the armory but hell no to anything else.
Ah. Yeah it feels a bit weird to me that the security vendor (Not the armory, my brain mixed up the words) has ammunition for it without security itself having a use for it. I'm personally against the security vendor having the detective's ammo and think it should be held in a separate detective vendor so if security officers aren't gonna have access to the clock in some variation then I think it should be removed from the vendor.

Personally, I could see potential for making a counterpart to the current offensive sec options with low-end lethal weapons but that's all off topic and something I'm gonna try to draft up first so as of now I think that adding a VARIANT of the clock with semi-auto only would be a good idea if priced properly as to allow the arming of security without being an easy grab (And less stunning, you'd be surprised by how long a human can fight with bullet holes in them and it just seems excessive on top of the bleed and blunt)

I noticed that there's a black clock and a tan clock skin, are they different right now or just aesthetic? Because the tan one should 100% be the semi-only variant.

On that long note, if there aren't any other issues with the clock, does anyone have issue with any of the other changes? I think that the base crate price change is an issue, since it just means that a nerd who breaks in will just end up draining more funds than before to get their sec on, I think making them tokens is enough to dissuade the purchase of it.
the NTSO doesn't have a whole load of ammo and doesn't merit having their own vendor on any station, unless there were multiple NTSO slots available and they were taken and the vender had more purpose than providing NTSOs with ammo.
Fair enough, I thought NT-SO was some sort of super rare admin thingy since I haven't seen one before
(09-05-2020, 08:25 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Fair enough, I thought NT-SO was some sort of super rare admin thingy since I haven't seen one before

NTSO is HoS whitelist late join role
Ah, makes more sense now, both are pretty tough conditions to meet considering late join roles aren't exactly standard per round
(09-05-2020, 11:50 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Ah, makes more sense now, both are pretty tough conditions to meet considering late join roles aren't exactly standard per round

NTSO will always show up as a possible late join option if you have the HoS whitelist. It doesn't have the same randomizer that some of the other late join options do.
I definitely think the Clock is far too powerful and outclasses phasers - regardless of damage number crunching, it's much much easier to heal and survive from phaser shots compared to embedded bullets, and impressive bleed, and fast fire rate.

Regardless of numbers, all you need to treat phasers is burn patches. For a Clock you'll need brute, blood, potentially surgery for embedded items, and you will likely need oxy meds from all the blood loss. Stunning is also damn good.
There is an NTSO type that admins spawn. HoS has Nanotrasen Security Operative as a special role, Admins generally spawn Nanotrasen Special Operatives with their advanced weapons.
New stupid gun in the crate instead of the Clock 188. Clock 180. Throw it, it comes back to you. If you're wearing a security badge, it'll fire on impact. No burst fire mode on this thing. Nifty.
Merged and implemented. Like in the original PR, the basic Sec Equipment crate now has a requisition token instead of taser, baton, security grenade kit, and secbelt , and its price was up to 10k. Upgrade and Experimental crates were removed, but their elite sec helmet and experimental grenade kit found new homes in a "Experimental Security Equipment", which also has the Clock 180 Urs described and the Sec Equipment's former security issue grenade kit.

If you have some ideas on other crates for Sec or want to propose some readjustments to the Clock 180 (which I imagine might be pretty likely given the objections to the original suggestion of having the Clock 188 in there), as always, definitely make a thread for it.