Poll: Studies show that polls increase user engagement. Do you prefer your tea hot or iced?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hot
29.63%
16 29.63%
Iced
44.44%
24 44.44%
This question offends me
25.93%
14 25.93%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Monthly Contest: September Edition! [2020]
Star 
Welcome to the Goonstation Monthly Contest!

It's been over a year since we started doing these, but due to a variety of factors, we actually missed our anniversary last June! Oh No!

We've got 3 months of missed contests to make up for, so let's make this belated anniversary celebration a big one! space bear

This Month's Theme is Station Renovation! What's that mean? All you need to do is reply to this thread with an original screenshot of a new room you've made or an original screenshot of an old room you've remodeled, and give it a fun caption/title!

If you built something that could be turned into an area in the trench or asteroid belt, feel free to adminhelp (F1) and an admin might come around and save it!

Rules:

If your build is really big, you can use multiple screenshots. Do try to keep it to one, though.

Submissions should be of a place you made within the last year, up to the closing date

Submissions should be of places you made on the server, without the use of build mode or mapping software.

Working together is encouraged! You can make a submission in a group of up to four people.

Please don't submit projects made by larger groups; even if you decide that only 4 people should get the credit, it's not fair to the other groups

Please only participate in one submission per person.

You can only make one submission, so give it your best shot (but feel free to swap if you find a better one)!

The first place group will receive: One (1) Gannets sticker each, a top 3 medal (with a cool in-game reward!)

The second and third place groups will receive: a top 3 medal (with a cool in-game reward!)

Everyone who submitted: a participation medal (and a different but also cool in-game reward)

Contest submissions will close on September 23rd, 2020
[Image: 9503a9b9230382f0cae85d14c251d55a.png]
Here's one I just made in what was Donut 3's pathology. It looked ghostdrone shaped so it's now a ghostdrone club![Image: vhyPgSd.png]
NB - It turns out the two lower rooms in pathology use unsimulated floors, which is why those are still white/green.
Photo 
A shrine to Floorpills.
[Image: lLVqoxv.png]

I created a room directly adjacent to arrivals on Cog1 so all could bask in his glory and perhaps take part in the magic of the floorpills (safety not guaranteed).
Hey can we switch the period crayon blob to start with a period like ".period" please? I think it might make crayon artists' lives much easier.
Manta makeshift toxins.
Got random even sleepered to blow up toxins on manta as a construction worker.
After Ahelping to inform of the invalid objective, Pali suggested i simply build Toxins and then blow it up.
So i did.
I'd alread used the big construction zone next to cryo/cargo for a shooting range.
So i built it in old Arrivals-closer to SCI anyway.
Doors make makeshift valves, an energy shield makes a controlleable vent, remote igniters and weldingtools let you not burn youself on ignition, and an air scrubber gets you the gas for your bombs out of the room again. Only mixing was not really possible due to a total lack of Transfer valves or hookups.
Pics show under construction, in use, and Post-Round state.
[Image: toxcomp.png?width=1443&height=645]
I made a zoo!
[Image: unknown1.png?width=1003&height=707]
It took a lot of time and luck but I'm proud even if it doesn't have as many hostile critters as I would like. I wanted to at least include a wendigo, but I was pressed for time. I'll try and make an improved version before the contest ends

Edit:
well it literally took till the very last second of the round but I made an improved version, this time featuring 2 space bears, a wendigo, a spider, a queen ice spider, and a petting zoo with a couple of fuzzy friends

[Image: zoo.png?width=824&height=590]
Welcome to... Club Brig! The hottest nightclub on the station, accessible through the false wall in the back of the brig toilets.
[Image: pBJhizO.png]
[Image: GVGn4m5.png]

It's not a huge overhaul but someone that stopped by said I should post this here, so I am. All of those notes have butt written on them, for good measure. Two ghosts also visited and chatted with me through the board, too.
I built a satellite shaped like a bee! Conicidentally, we had some admin shenanigans going on during the round where we had amBEEssadors come visit the station, so they got to see the satellite shaped just like them, along with their festive Cyborg tour guide. Talk about thematic!

First screenshot is the bees visiting; second image is a composite of a couple of screenshots to try and get everything in-frame:

[Image: iaE5Jzq.png]

[Image: uJVXnch.png]
Bonus link to an album that also includes my initial failed bee satellite attempt from an earlier round: 
https://imgur.com/a/TXsfHCF?nc=1

Thanks to everyone for a bee-utiful round! Special thanks to Terry Morelli for getting the teleporter set up so people could visit it and then get to the shuttle safely!
Love the Larva Satellite
that's amazing
[Image: 1FMgcSt.png]
i did a bit of a remaster for the chapel. didnt get to use it because the artifact at the bottom left corner of the carpet was a generator that literally instantly disintegrated me. its a bit ugly but idk.
(09-12-2020, 12:30 AM)Serrano Wrote: Edit:
well it literally took till the very last second of the round but I made an improved version, this time featuring 2 space bears, a wendigo, a spider, a queen ice spider, and a petting zoo with a couple of fuzzy friends

Yay! Glad to see it came together with all the fun critters from the zones!