HOS Application 9/1/2020
Usual character name: Jaydon Roberts

BYOND username: Deadmansalley
Discord username: Deadmansalley

Goon servers you play: goonstation RP

Reason for application: I want Head of Security to help better teach others how to play security properly and mostly have fun doing so. 

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I have learned from many great and awesome officers and Head of Securities, besides for having learned a lot on my own. In my story below, it will explain how I will handle a murder case and how I will proceed with a case plus my thoughts on it. I have learned the knowledge of using most of all the tools in security, however there are some tools that I still need training with. The tools I need more training with are very rarely used on a shift to shift bases. I know how to conduct a proper interrogation and how to trial it, if given the chance to. Sadly no one comes for trials and the only time we had a lawyer and a judge come, they were suing security which turned into a big mess. I know how to set up the flashes in the sec HQ for using them to aid in jailing a wild person. I also know how to use my pda to call porta brig if someone is being a pain to deal with. I was taught how to do patrol routes and the buddy systems when responding to calls as it might be a setup.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?:
        My advice would be, have fun but don't ruin other players fun by doing so, and don't be afraid to ask how to play sec if you don't know how.

• What was one of your favorite security moments?:
       My favorite moment as sec was when I busted a doctor for murdering 2 people on the operating table I was playing on Oshan and as my route i walk i check the grinders as a lot of antags dump the bodies in a trash chute. I found the 2 dead people and scanned them both for prints and found matching latex glove ids. then I do a health scan to see what the cause of death was (brute,burn,tox,suff) and found they all where missing there organs and blood. i think medical for sure and start my walk up there with 2 rotten corpse to be borged and to investigate. when I got there I dropped of the bodies to robotics and saw a person in the surgery room. so I ask if he is the only surgeon with a reply of yes i ask for his gloves. he didn't reply for a bit and then took then off and flushed them before I could eject them. I proceed to tell him that he needs to come with me to the sec office. He refuses and starts to run for the exit where i manage to stun him and cuff him. I take him to the sec HQ and search him and put him in a holding cell and tell the other officer the story and to watch him for me as i go to retrieve the gloves. as i got there and retrieved them and took them back to the cell he was in. i asked what am i going the find when i scan these gloves? will they match the gloves that where on the 2 dead bodies i found in the trash grinder? his reply was short but convincing "shit" as i scan the gloves the id is a match and a ask well what is it? you know you're busted don't you? and he replied with "I really suck at this murder thing don't I?" i said well not really you just forgot to open the grinder doors then it would have be a lot harder to catch you." and i asked him so would u like to be borged since you admit to being a traitor and murdering two people? he agrees and i ask if he has any last requests before being borged and he replies"i want to die by suplexed to death by you" I agree and we head to robotics and i tell them what is going on and the agree to borg him and one says to wait on killing him because he might have a bomb implant. so they check for it and there was 1 macro bomb in his chest. after all that i proceed with his wish and borg him.  

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?:
       I have been waiting for a moment to pull out the super troopers reference when i find cat drugs on some one. example: you know meow this can get you locked up for a long time meow. 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):none
I'm pretty sure there's a 3 month wait window, you have only just joined recently so I myself haven't gotten much time to see how you play as an officer in person. Along with that, your story doesn't really paint the sort of attitude I would expect to see from an HoS, with rounds being primarily directed by antagonists, it's usually a good idea to form more of a catch and release basis with them (5 minutes in the brig as punishment is the usual for murder). While I don't condemn your actions exactly, I wouldn't expect to see it out of an HoS of all roles. I would love to see more HoS players and I'm glad you've taken interest in the forums so I hope you stick around to see yourself knighted as HoS someday, but I'm sad to say that I don't think today is that day.
Application has been denied due to lack of support, in addition to not meeting the 3-month requirement (though since account was made in July, it's somewhat close). You can always make a new application upon a later date!