Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
Masked's Rough Ling Rework Concept
I had a hivemind idea

Let the ling inject hivemind memebers into people with a sting. They ride around in them and can report back their whereabouts over hivemind chat.

They could also absorb some of their victims dna at the cost of damaging them.

If someone suspects they have a hivemind member in them they could remove it somehow (I think it would be fun to tie it with alcohol, with enough booze making you throw them up)

The Hivemind member could spend their accumulated DNA to turn into a limb spider and escape, using their hosts limbs.
(01-22-2021, 09:33 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I had a hivemind idea

Let the ling inject hivemind memebers into people with a sting. They ride around in them and can report back their whereabouts over hivemind chat.

They could also absorb some of their victims dna at the cost of damaging them.

If someone suspects they have a hivemind meember in them they could remove it somehow (I think it would be fun to tie it with alcohol, with enough booze making you throw them up)

The Hivemind memeber could spend their accumulated DNA to turn into a limb spider and escape, using their hosts limbs.

Absolutely love this, especially if you could choose to chat with your new host for funny rp
"something needs to be done to the limb critters there a complete waste of points "

Nah you just gotta be smart when your playing limb or make sure you give the best limbs to the best players you absorbed and give the buttcrab to the not so good players.

Leg alone is pretty versatile and robust. Hand spider is good for sneaky hit and run. Butt crabs... well they can be good diversions. Eye spider is a bit meh in my opinion.

Also atleast some limbs if not all can drive pods. Lings are extremely suited to space so a single good pod pilot can really turn it round.

My biggest gripe with limbs is they dont get used most of the time and when they do its usually later on in the round when everyone has worked out a ling is about. If you have absorbed a good half dozen people then thats a small army. I've seen people snowball hard with limbs but its rare.
No one seems to use arm changing which is a shame because its neat, perhaps instead of costing DNA to use it costs DNA to unlock arms, and perhaps we could connect it to genetics by giving a ling the ability to spend DNA to buy (invisible probably) mutations across all of its faces, what do you guys think
Amazing idea! Really adds to the limg paranoia which is sadly lacking. I like the idea of assimilating and the brutal mess it would leave behind. The current ling really isn't fun to fight, or be eaten by. Nor is it fun to play it and eat people. This idea honestly seems awesome
Yeh this honestly seems really neat, I've been really wanting more horror-themed antagonists and reworking changelings sounds like a great idea to get there. There's nothing more I can add that hasn't already been said, will definitely need a lot of balance tweaks I can imagine but overall is a sweet idea.
I love this Idea, in a few days imma attempt to make sprites for the assimilation form (Don't expect anything too Great.) anyways i was thinking this scene perfectly gives off what your looking for: https://youtu.be/ZMURdEkb_3Y
only think we need now is someone who can code to work on it
I hope this is added.