Logondo HoS Application
Usual character name:
Logondo Mondo

BYOND username:
Logondo
Goon servers you play:
Goon 1

Reason for application:
I believe Security needs some form of leadership. Especially with this new wave of players. New players means new security players, and we need experienced players to guide them on how to properly perform their jobs. Even well-versed Security still needs some guidance on how to handle situations.

Also I just enjoy playing as Captain and working along-side security. (Although you could argue this is what a good captain should do anyways). I like guiding security. I think it helps to have an experience player know how to handle a situation, and I believe I am one of those people.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I've been playing Goon for at least 7 years, so in that time Security has been one of the top-5 jobs I've played. I understand all the basic mechanics Security has, up-to-using Secmate. I know when it's the right time to shoot and when it's the right time to ask questions. More importantly, I know that this is a game and we're all here to have fun. So I try not to go guns-blazing-murder-the-antag-scum play-style. I like using the brig. I like letting players off with a warning, or demoting them, or some form of punishment that doesn't lead to instantly ruining their fun.

Obviously this all depends on the danger-level of the antag player and the severity of the crime. If they're murdering and setting off bombs or something, then lethal force is necessary.

We're about saving lives, not murdering criminals. It's just sometimes we gotta murder criminals to save lives.

Keep in mind a lot of my play-time was before the massive influx of players. I played a lot of security on 30 player rounds, and now we're hitting over 100 people! But I have acclimated to the change. There is more newbs. More "shit disturbers". But that's more reason to give some guidance to Security on how to handle it. Knowing the difference between a crewmate who's shocking doors for shits-and-giggles and a crewmate who's hacking into the AI because they're an actual antag can help guide Security on how to properly precede and handle the situation. And I believe I have the knowledge and skills on how to handle these proceedings.

Also, keeping track of all the antags and criminals is work, too. Processing them. Brigging and/or executing them. It helps if there is someone to handle all that.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Have some fun. Relax. This is a game. You don't have to be super-hardcore-antag-murdery. (I believe people call it 'Validhunting"). Try cuffing and using the interrogation room. Get the lawyers involved. I get that security is about keeping-the-peace, but you know whats even better than killing the traitor? Brigging the traitor and demoting them to toilet-cleaner after flushing all their traitor gear out the window in front of them.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    More Security sub-jobs. We only have detective and, well, HoS (and Vice Officer, kind of). Maybe something like patrol officers? Police-clerks? Something along that line. More jobs that let security manage itself by roll. Oo! And a net-gun would be pretty neat, too. Long-distance cuffing for the slippery-convicts.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When on a team: I like working the desk-job sometimes. Just sitting on the PC at Sec, ready to use Secmate and listen to the Security Radio for criminals to tag. When alone: I cry a little, but then I see what the Heads are doing and try my best to keep the station as chaos-free as one-man possibly can.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

A Space Station 13 Haiku

Danger draws closer

I tightly grip my toolbox

HONK! HONK! HONK! HONK! HONK!

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
A prison gimmick. Map would be a big prison. Players would be prison guards (Security), or prisoners. Prisoners would have to be sneaky and try to escape, while being forced to do prison-slave-labor by the guards.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
One for murdering people with an acid-filled-spray-bottle.
One for borging a person against their will.
Probably notes of me being a shit-disturber as well.

These were...6 years ago. So I don't know if there is any more than that. At least none that I remember. I like to believe I've basically cleaned up my behavior since then and as far as I know I haven't been in any trouble for anything else.
You listed a few funny things that may not be helpful to your application.
You also play in Goon2, don't you? And listing yourself as CAP more than SEC is often not helpful as it's not SEC experience.

All said, I DO recommend Logondo. Not for his CAP role but his SEC experience. (Though as CAP, yes, he is very helpful too.)
He shows leadership, is proactive in combating threats to the station and is fair when dealing with Crew/Antags/Criminals.

I don't have any experiences dealing with him myself. He doesn't say much beyond Leading/doing his job.
I just know, when he's SEC/CAP he's someone that brings relief when I think about him being in that role.
Nothing if not very above-average SEC.

While I concede his application isn't very strongly-written, I'm glad he applied & must recommend him for HoS. +1.
True Haiku Artists
Write Without Using Their Words
More Than Once Or Twice

Bad Haiku 1/10 never HoS.

Despite my time being exclusively on the RP server in recent months, I can't say I remember seeing you at all. It could simply be different time zones admittingly, but I don't know for sure how you would do as an HoS because of this, so I'd have to refrain from a recommendation one way or the other for now.

The application on its own does seem well thought out, for what it's worth.
Application has been denied due to lack of support. As always, we encourage you to consider applying at a later date!