Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
manufacturer ui update feedback
issues:

- first load is slow. byond sends you all the icons in it the first time. byond is very bad at this. i'm not sure how to improve it other than maybe trying to do this when you connect instead of when you first use one.

- the speed options still have a popup rather than just changing.

- probably some other stuff.

feel free to post other things you have noticed here. it's not done and i'd like to make it better.
[Image: eJxkR8f.png]
Probably better now because a lot of that was likely the initial icon generation/sending but good feedback i guess
I find the new UI kind of overwhelming and it takes up a *lot* of screen space. Different item name length can also screw with the neatness of the rows of the grid, and having the grid squares be completely invisible makes everything run together. Overall the concept is the kind of thing that you'd expect to have a folder-like menu system of different categories on the left for the grid on the right, like tools or cyborg parts or cyberorgans. Having no filter options is also problematic and leaves me using control+f to find most of the things I want.

edit: I dunno if something changed since I last went online but it feels like the UI is easier to read now. The speed buttons shouldn't bring up the speed pop-up though, they should just change the speed.
Just wanted to chime in, since some people seemed to have trouble with the UI.
Personally, I love the new UI and I am way faster now with manufacturing the stuff that I want to make.
(Category tabs could be neat though, not sure.)

I'm starting to memorize where things are, so it feels like a chem dispenser for items. ^_^
I really like it too, maybe shrinking their size could also help with the category issues without taking as much effort?
People keep bitching about this in Discord but when I tell them to post here they shut up so I will post it for them: You should be able to easily see material costs somehow, especially useful for mechanics.