Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Mutant races are selected through character creation
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE]
About the PR

Spacebux-purchased mutant races can now, instead, be chosen through the character creation menu.

The mutant race appears to save to the character file properly, since I saved a skeleton into slot one, restarted the server, and spawned, and a skeleton popped out.

The character preview works, sort of. Mutant races with detail overlays (lizard, cow... that's about it) are fully rendered from the front, but lose their overlays when viewed from the side or back.

The images are also gotten in a less-than-ideal way, by making a new mutantrace datum when trying to render the image. This is because most of the details are defined in the mutant's New().

I could try just making a list, but that doesn't feel like the right solution.

...i should probably make the update_preview thing qdel() the mutant race thing at the end so we dont end up with a bunch of orphaned mutant datums. ...that's how it works, right?

Why's this needed?

so box ta can stop playing a fucking human

Also as someone who outright refuses to show up to work without scales and a ssshitty accent, I want to spend my spacebux on other things too. Plus, ever since buying lizard's started being a thing, I've been a bit more pissy about dying and more reluctant to do dumb things, cus it'd mean potentially running out of cash to fuel my dumb space-animal addiction. Which sucks, cus I like dying like an idiot to dumb things!

Changelog

Code:
(u)Superlagg:
(*)Removed mutant races from SpaceBux purchases. Instead they're now found in the character creation menu.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

Messages In This Thread
[PR] Mutant races are selected through character creation - by github_bot - 08-27-2020, 11:21 AM