Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
[stolen idea] what if changelings started with a second identity
title

would let them play the intrigue game from the start without necessarily having to murder anyone

second identity would be randomly generated and not appear on crew manifest; highly suspicious
Yes please let me trick people into thinking I'm an undercover nuclear operative.
That sounds good to me. But have it generate a random name and appearance. Making players choose their own name and appearance miiiiight be good, I'm not sure. But I feel like then people would try to impersonate others without having absorbed them. And they already can do that over the radio with voice mimick. Plus, it would like add a whole load of choices to the player which can be paralyzing.
I've always been a fan of giving changelings more stuff that isn't "silent murder in maint", though I don't quite understand what this would entail though as I haven't played most antags in about a year now (I like to latejoin one second after the round starts to fill rolls), would you be able to give me a quick rundown of what this would change?
What about like, a form of mimic where they take someone else's appearance, with just a slight change like hair color or skin tone.

Because they haven't absorbed their DNA, it's an imperfect appearance and they can only hold it for so long before reverting to their previous form.
Really like that idea Frank and I'd suggest also not have that person's voice yet
Speaking of keeping the disguise game going, I think it would be neat if when lings went Shambler, they kept their clothing on underneath it. It won't count for appearance or armor, but it would allow a Ling that went all horror to be able to resume their disguise instead of being super duper obvious naked man.

Also what if your Hivemind could speak vocally while in shambler mode? Hrmm?

Anyways yeah this is a neat idea, I like Frank's idea too, in the chaos of a situation you could half-transform and use it to wiggle away.
I always wanted the hivemind to be able to scream and talk while shambler
If absolutely nothing else from this is implemented, the hivemind screaming at people should definitely be done.
(08-28-2020, 07:49 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I always wanted the hivemind to be able to scream and talk while shambler

That's brilliant
A few random default messages cried out by hivemind members might be neat too

"Please help me <nearby player>!"
"This.... is perfection..."
"Join us!!!"
*random screams of pain*
etc.
This would make things fun for RP especially
"Also what if your Hivemind could speak vocally while in shambler mode? Hrmm?"

GOD YES. I hate lings, but this bit of flavor would make it so fucking good. Should have a wailing sound whenever someone in it speaks, with a possibility for a scream, just to add to the, well, horror form.
Finally, an actual reason to not leave the game when you get absorbed.
I like the idea on Discord that if the absorbed person isn't online you get pre-recorded shit like "Join us!".