Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Disable the automatic door bolting on the shuttle.
Launching yourself and others into hyperspace is great. But it's significantly harder if the escape shuttle's doors are bolted. The bolts also make it harder to people in escape pods to enter the shuttle. There's generally not much of a risk of people walking out on accident, so it's not exactly "saving" players from an OOC standpoint. In-universe it doesn't make sense, either. The only possible explanation for the bolts is for safety so people don't fall out and stuff. But it's an NT ship, it wouldn't have anything to keep the humans safe.
better idea: a fire-alarm like thing you could pull to unbolt the airlocks. airplane doors don't just pop open, you gotta actually try
The bolting really does make it hard to get in when you use an escape pod - I like Zamu's idea, too.
(08-25-2020, 06:38 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: better idea: a fire-alarm like thing you could pull to unbolt the airlocks. airplane doors don't just pop open, you gotta actually try

We need more bells and whistles on the escape shuttle in general. A fasten seatbelt light, a oxygen mask dispenser, flotation vests
Yeah I dont really know why the airlocks in the shuttle started bolting. Back when it was just Cog1 shuttle the doors stayed unlocked and then the other maps started locking the shuttle doors for some reason. I had said it was dumb back then and I still think its dumb. Being pushed out the shuttle into hyperspace is half the fun of the shuttle.