Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Add some of the Cosmetic Mutations as Traits
So I always slightly thought about this, but until recently I didn't really think it was worth making a post about, but since I have just started to see color-blind mutations in the genetics pool, I figured these are some things that could do well as traits. Short list of cosmetic non-game-changing mutations that might be fun traits. These can work just like giving you the mutation at the start of the round just like Detective can get alcohol resistance.

Melanin Stimulator - The one that makes you pitch black.
Melanin Suppressor - The one that makes you albino.
Melanin Eraser - The one that makes you very pale.
Dermal Glitter - The one that makes you sparkle a little bit.
The Colorblind Ones - I don't know these by name since they aren't on the wiki yet, but i've seen some in the genetics console and I believe they were added with werewolf vision. Would be fun to have as an option.

etc etc.

I like little cosmetic things and costing a trait point or two to look snazzy might be fun for some people.
Whats the difference between Melanin Suppressor and Eraser?
I think that adding these things as traits is a bit superfluous. Not every visual change that can happen to a player in game needs to be an option they can pick to play as all the time. Maybe it could allow for a bit of RP to play as an albino character or something, but I don't think that it's a big enough issue to warrant lessening the uniqueness of these genetics effects, when you can already select your skin colour or have certain ways to see in monochrome.
(08-25-2020, 07:06 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I think that adding these things as traits is a bit superfluous. Not every visual change that can happen to a player in game needs to be an option they can pick to play as all the time. Maybe it could allow for a bit of RP to play as an albino character or something, but I don't think that it's a big enough issue to warrant lessening the uniqueness of these genetics effects, when you can already select your skin colour or have certain ways to see in monochrome.

I think tying it to a few randomisers wouldn't be too bad.

Skin condition: Random skin mutation

Something like that
I would 100% use this for my honko-sapian rp
The difference between suppressor and eraser is that Suppressor makes you completely white and albino, while Eraser just makes you pale.

To be honest I just want to be pale from Melanin Eraser every round.

Though I figured some people might enjoy being colorblind or having certain glitters to their effect.
You can give yourself literally any skin color possible in the character customization window.
Personally I'd LOVE stuff like the colour blindness mutation being traits!
You can't set your skin color to anything at all. You can only set it on a specific scale of light to dark. Not really the shade I would personally be going for.