Don Geon (UrsulaMajor)'s HoS Application v2.0
Usual Character Name: Don Geon (DONGEON_MASTER.exe)

BYOND Username: UrsulaMajor

Recommended by (if applicable): No one this time
Times Available: 6pm to 11pm pst most nights, other times as mood and circumstance allow.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):

I've been a mentor for a couple months now, and it's been pretty fun. a mentor is there to be calm and courteous and helpful. I think I've got that down pat. I feel that I've done a pretty good job at being a good mentor.

Last time I applied for this role, I had rushed into it. I craved recognition and respect. I wanted to be noticed. And I felt, then, that being a HoS was how I wanted to gain that recognition that I felt like I deserved.

But respect is something that must be earned; it's not something that anyone is entitled to. The HoS role is for people who have already earned respect; not for people looking to get it.

I like to think that at least some of you have come to appreciate me as a good player and mentor.

And now I think it might finally be time for me to try to be a good HoS.

A good HoS is a guy who, when you see him on the team, you instantly breathe a sigh of relief. When I play detective or security, and I see a good HoS, I feel reassured, and know that the team is going to be cohesive, or at the very least, under control. Even when I'm traitor, when I see that the HoS is the one that's caught me, I feel instantly reassured. Once, when I was new, I got caught with an activated PDA before I'd even spawned any items. The HoS was the one who had found me, and although he took away my PDA, he gave me a second chance. Coming back to security to have an epic laser duel with him later was extremely satisfying (even though I eventually lost)

That's how I feel every experience with the HoS should be. Fair. Fun. Satisfying.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):
I've been playing since Donut Station, and let me tell you, when I first started, I never thought that I'd ever have fun being a security officer. I'd always been more interested in the mechanics of the game rather than the people playing it. However, I eventually warmed up to the idea of detective after I decided that forensics was another mechanic I wanted to explore, and I'd regularly dick around with being a gumshoe. Once I figured out how forensics worked, and started putting it to effective use, I realized just how fun being a defender of the people (and hard-boiled criminal catcher) can be when done properly.

Naturally, I segued into being a security officer from there, and currently, security officer is one of my favorite jobs to play as. This job is what really made me realize that our SS13 server is a community, and more importantly, a community I wanted to start being a bigger part of. 

I'll be honest. The last time I applied, I don't think I was experienced enough. I was very play-to-win, and often betrayed the very principles of fairness and fun I now abide by. In this aspect, being a mentor has matured me. Sometimes, I'll catch myself falling back into that old mindset; but when I do, I take a chill pill and remind myself that it's just a game.

I feel ready to take on bigger challenges.

Aside from that, on the more technical aspects of being a peace officer, I feel really confident in my abilities; I'm pretty decent in a fight, I have an expansive knowledge of how the game works, and more importantly, I enjoy it immensely.

In summary, the station is a fun place, whether or not you're an engineer making a new jazz lounge or a scientist making the biggest bombs. Security's goal is to make sure everyone is having fun, and to punish those who get in the way of that goal. That means knowing when to brig, setting fair times, being courteous, making sure prisoners are well attended to, and to make fun your top priority. I'm not necessarily the most robust, but I know how to work with a team, I've got a sharp eye, and when I'm wearing that red jumpsuit, I know that I'm the first line of defense between the average griefer and the average player. I know where to draw the line, and I know how to stay calm under pressure. Most of all, I know not to take things too seriously and remember that I'm also just a player, and how to have fun as one.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):Shrek is a pretty cool movie.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): a while ago I got my first jobban, that bring from research. I immediately felt guilty, it was appealed and lifted within the week. I might have some older ones I don't remember. It's been a while and I try to let that stuff go
I don't know that I can give this application enough "Yes" responses, so one will have to do.
I think I mentioned this in the last thread you made but I've run into you in game before and most of the time you're a pretty cool guy but every time I've seen you as a Head you've been bad.

That said, I haven't actually seen you as a head in a long time, so maybe you've been great while I wasn't looking.
I'm almost always AI, since it's my favorite job. 9/10 times if I'm a head it means I'm a traitor.
I've never had a bad run-in with Mister Geon. Yes from me.
Yes, He is a great player and I am always relieved when I see him as the AI.
Yes and more yes, I can't recall one time I've felt like I was having my game ruined by you. Don Geon ≈ Perfect for The Beret.
As of now every time i saw you ingame you seemed pretty chill and were a good fighter so yeah,its a yes from me.
I haven't seen you in ages, but that's mainly because I am on #2 and perhaps a different time zone (UTC + 0)
But you have a good grasp on what's what when it comes to security.
I have been in a position before where you seemed to have a bit of a powerboner when it came to higher positions, but I haven't seen that (as I haven't seen you play) so I'm going to presume you got that under wraps.
The ticketing system is a great way to ease a powerboner, when you can extrude your frustration on every living thing. Failing that, brigging with a game in mind is almost always fun
So yes from me, although I am hoping you will be as fun hearted as you show in your application
Very qualified for the position, yes.
Sundance Wrote:I haven't seen you in ages, but that's mainly because I am on #2 and perhaps a different time zone (UTC + 0)

FYI he never plays #1.
When I've seen you responding to mentorhelps you've always been helpful when possible, and from what limited exposure I've had to you in game you're a pretty fun guy. I've never seen any negative things come out of you while playing. A yes from me.
The first time you applied, my vote was a no. I honestly did not like the idea of having you as a HoS. But I think, unlike many applicants, you took the time since your last application to really improve. And I really like your style as an AI, which isn't quite related to HoS, but I think is worthy of a nod. I'd say yes.
I remember back when I was just starting you taught be a bunch of cool stuff and were an awesome dude in general, I dunno the details and stuff about your last HoS try but if your still the same cool dude you were back then, then I am totally for giving you a yes. smile
Ive seen this guy, he would be a great HoS
Yes