Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unban Appeal (Cyberjamus)
warc

Cyberjamus

August 21st 2020

Called someone Retarded and then logged off after one PM reply. Sorry but if you want to play here, you'll need to come finish this chat on the forums. 

Permanent

So I was playing geneticist and this guy and i'm not sure if he was trolling because i'm pretty sure he was trolling me kept trying to arrest me for no actual reason forever and just carried me away and I started yelling for help and yelled at the guard (in rp at first), but then he actually put me into jail and was gonna put me in for a long time for no reason at all and I thought he was trolling so I kept telling him to stop it, and in brackets I even asked outside of rp but he just kept doing it so I said in brackets again that I will call admin, but he kept doing it and I started to get angry and called him retarded. After this I also called the admin and told him this, but he just send me a pm saying something like "please don't use the r-slur and i'm not sure if you're new but please read the rules, (and then like a nice comment)" and nothing about banning or anything. At this point I was a bit frustrated so I just replied saying "whatever imma just leave for now (something like that)" and then I logged off. But then I noticed how the admin knew about the r-slur right away so I logged back on to ask the admin if it was him trolling and if he was "Salvatore something", but I noticed that the guards dragged me out of the cell for some reason, and I was like oh, and I thought they saw my message on the radio asking for help and came to their senses, so I just went back to genetics and a few seconds later I just get perma banned, no message, just banned, and the other message never said anything about this. And I know this doesn't justify me calling that man the r-slur and I very much apologize for that, I just think the way I got banned was unjustified and I got no chance to explain myself.

Like I said I think that the way I got banned was very unfair (still not justifying me calling that man the r-slur) and I want to keep playing on this server because I like it very much and it's my favorite one, and I swear (or pledge if it takes that) that i'll never again in my life call anyone retarded here and I apologize for getting angry and using a slur, I understand what I did wrong and I will never do it again for whatever reason. I hope this apology is enough to convince you I'm sorry.

Part of the fourth rule where you're not supposed to use slurs (which again i'm sorry of doing)

No not at all, and I only logged off because I thought it was just a friendly warning and that I wasn't in big trouble (I also at the time didn't know that retard was a slur, I didn't go over the rules too much, very sorry for that, I just now went over it more to not make the same mistake next (if you let me play again)  time).

(I might not be online if/when someone replies to this)
Not the banning admin, but for context of the situation and why it seems to have been handled the way it is.
The ahelp conversation:

yourself: *describing the issue you mention in your appeal with the guard*
admin: Hi, you seem to be new here - have you read the rules? are you aware we take a strong stance against bigoted language, which includes the R-slur you used earlier? Press F1 to respond
yourself: Ok whatever I'm leaving this is annoying

In context of the situation, your reply felt dismissive towards the subject of the rules being brought up. Coupled with logging out, as well as the ambiguity of your response (it's difficult to tell whether it's addressing your issue with the guard and you leaving because you found that annoying or if you're addressing the subject of the rules and leaving because those are annoying), the conversation wasn't very conclusive, at which point if a thing can't be resolved in-game it'll be moved to the forums, where it is now.
The ban happening while you were supposedly relogged and playing is likely due to the ban being processed simultaneously, probably in assumption that you weren't planning to log back on having declared you're leaving.
(08-22-2020, 10:09 PM)Gerhazo Wrote: Not the banning admin, but for context of the situation and why it seems to have been handled the way it is.
The ahelp conversation:

yourself: *describing the issue you mention in your appeal with the guard*
admin: Hi, you seem to be new here - have you read the rules? are you aware we take a strong stance against bigoted language, which includes the R-slur you used earlier? Press F1 to respond
yourself: Ok whatever I'm leaving this is annoying

In context of the situation, your reply felt dismissive towards the subject of the rules being brought up. Coupled with logging out, as well as the ambiguity of your response (it's difficult to tell whether it's addressing your issue with the guard and you leaving because you found that annoying or if you're addressing the subject of the rules and leaving because those are annoying), the conversation wasn't very conclusive, at which point if a thing can't be resolved in-game it'll be moved to the forums, where it is now.
The ban happening while you were supposedly relogged and playing is likely due to the ban being processed simultaneously, probably in assumption that you weren't planning to log back on having declared you're leaving.
I'm very sorry if my reply felt dismissive of the rules or like I was disregarding them, but I was just very frustrated at the moment with being trolled, being put in prison, and it was not at all the admins stating the rule, I was just exhausted at that point. I will make sure that I will never just log off like that, and that I will of course talk to the admins fully, and be aware of what i’m doing I’ve now gone through the rules all thoroughly, I only found that the trolling and being put in prison annoying, and I decided to leave, (not disregarding the admin or the rule which I very much respect) and that was still wrong to do, and I hope there is a next time to prove that I'll always respect the rules and not handle things like this. I really much apologize, I know that the R-slur can be a sensitive word (friend of mine),  and the bigoted rules are very important and I understand why I was permanently banned for further discussion, but I hope to be given a second chance.
Hi i'm warc

So the timing on this whole ban was a little bit weird because of a few things.
I actually noticed the R-word in the chat box long before I received your adminhelp, and I was already writing that message to you by the time you sent yours, so there was a little confusion there.

I'm not concerned with what went on in-character, and at least at a cursory glance it seems that security had *ample* reason to arrest you. You were reported by two separate players for turning a human player into a monkey without that player's permission (something you should never ever do as a non-antagonist) AND then attacking that player-monkey (which according to the Grief rules, is still human as they are a player, so again, non-antag, no do!)

Code:
 Don't grief. This isn't limited to just killing people: dismembering, stripping, crippling, force-feeding, force-borging, uploading murder laws to the AI, setting up death traps, wrecking or depowering parts of the station, anything that explodes, etc. are all griefy. As a rule of thumb, if it's bad and takes more than 10 minutes for a normal player to fix, it is covered by this rule

It was taken care of in-character by security so I wasn't gonna ping you for it, but it's best if you understand now that you were 100% in the wrong here.

I'll lift your ban in a few minutes.
(08-23-2020, 09:10 AM)warcrimes Wrote: Hi i'm warc

So the timing on this whole ban was a little bit weird because of a few things.
I actually noticed the R-word in the chat box long before I received your adminhelp, and I was already writing that message to you by the time you sent yours, so there was a little confusion there.

I'm not concerned with what went on in-character, and at least at a cursory glance it seems that security had *ample* reason to arrest you. You were reported by two separate players for turning a human player into a monkey without that player's permission (something you should never ever do as a non-antagonist) AND then attacking that player-monkey (which according to the Grief rules, is still human as they are a player, so again, non-antag, no do!)

Code:
 Don't grief. This isn't limited to just killing people: dismembering, stripping, crippling, force-feeding, force-borging, uploading murder laws to the AI, setting up death traps, wrecking or depowering parts of the station, anything that explodes, etc. are all griefy. As a rule of thumb, if it's bad and takes more than 10 minutes for a normal player to fix, it is covered by this rule

It was taken care of in-character by security so I wasn't gonna ping you for it, but it's best if you understand now that you were 100% in the wrong here.

I'll lift your ban in a few minutes.
Thanks a lot man, but I just want to say I actually turned an ai monkey into a human and then he almost killed me twice i ran away and let him do whatever, and then I see everyone attacking my creation because apparently he tried to kill five other people, it was kinda funny, and then I tried to finish him. Just to clarify that, it was kinda hilarious, but I never turned anyone into a monkey, Thanks for the unban man, I really appreciate it big grin. And I will never call anyone a retard again, very sorry for that and the one reply. Hope to see you on the server big grin