Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alternative text displays
One change I've really liked has been moving some of text from the box and conveying it with visual and audio clues in the game window.

Personally, I'd love it if more information could be carried over that way. A couple ideas.

PDA Messages: A small LED scrolling text marque, sorta like a pager, complete with the ability to type in replys

Radios: A little window near the bottom right that displays the first 8 or so characters of the last 3 radio messages next to the channel icons. Likewise, if a radio or intercom is broadcasting, display limited text above those.

These could be toggleable features, maybe with a HUD index for toggling elements on and off
You severely overestimate how much room there is for messaging on those things! Here's an example of how much room there is for text:

[Image: oRGRE4S.png]

That being said:

- I wanted to update PDAs to show how many unread messages you have, as well as different color themes
- I want to update PDAs in general to be nicer (I have a few issues on github for this but I get distracted easily)
- Radios are probably a bit too much to show things, but there was talk of having text pop out of them. Maybe if just in-hand or something? Otherwise it could be obnoxious

Bringing more information into the game window has been a process; another developer recently made of the status text (wraith/ling/vamp points, etc) show up at the top rather than requiring a status tab, that sorta stuff. So these are good suggestions, even if some aren't quite doable as is.