Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort Magic Target List By Standing / Down
When choosing to shoot a projectile or cast a ranged spell (includes changeling spit), the list of players should be sorted by whether they are standing or laying down.

Instead of:
Obama
Weedgoku
Patrick

Have:
Weedgoku
(down) Obama
(dead) Patrick

When in a pinch, having to fling a fireball between dead bodies at someone who's name you didn't look at can be annoying.
Maybe you should have looked at their name. I hated this when I first started but now I like the tension it creates.
jflan17 Wrote:Maybe you should have looked at their name. I hated this when I first started but now I like the tension it creates.

I can't hover over someone and look at the bottom left of the screen reliably if they're running on and off screen.
Try right-clicking on them instead of looking to the bottom left. It's far more reliable.
Or we could actually do something about it instead of paraphrasing "Deal with the terrible clunky interface that will get you killed 10 seconds in because you fireballed the monkey next to you instead of the geneticist."
Seriously, I don't know why everyone is so intent on the dumb interface when it would be WAY easier to use if it just shot out in the direction you were facing. No dumb menu and you wont hit yourself unless you fuck up.
I'm still waiting on fireball as a staff which works like a gun, but fires fireballs

surely that'd be far less OP than the spell; free targeting of anywhere/anyone, but if you get simply disarmed, you lose a spell
jflan17 Wrote:Try right-clicking on them instead of looking to the bottom left. It's far more reliable.

How the fuck does anyone manage to actually right-click anyone in combat when the menu takes several seconds to actually show - during which Shityond doesn't respond to anyone else - which is long enough for the robust players to tear off both your arms and run off with your butt?
Clearly casting Fireball should empower your staff with it, letting you toss it by pointing in the right direction.

If you don't have a staff, it appears in your hands and must be thrown quickly.
Getting killed while fumbling around with the controls is the reason I quit Planetside 2 after only a wekk. I support this suggestion