Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Blob nucleus noise alert
Add some sort of noise that will play whenever your nucleus is being attacked as a blob. It is very easy to be in the middle of a fight and not even realize that a single staffie has beaten your nucleus to death with a screwdriver. Probably have it so it doesn't play on every attack, so maybe a cool down of a few seconds.
I myself am hearing impaired so I'd likely miss the sound as well, I'd suggest a warning pop up on your ghost icon
A little exclamation mark over the eye would work I think.

There's pretty much no other reason for it to be over your eye.
(08-21-2020, 08:37 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I myself am hearing impaired so I'd likely miss the sound as well, I'd suggest a warning pop up on your ghost icon

The option to deactivate such a pop-up too.

Since...you can be trying to hotkey something - safe a hallway from being overrun by greytiders and then - BIG BOX SAYING CLICK ME BEFORE YOU CAN CONTINUE - that approach might be a bit rough...if there is no option to toggle it on or off.

(08-21-2020, 09:29 AM)Technature Wrote: A little exclamation mark over the eye would work I think.

There's pretty much no other reason for it to be over your eye.

Great. big grin
A noise is good, so is an exclamation mark or other visual indicator over the eye.

We could do either or both very easily in code. But drawing the indicator and making/finding a sound are slightly harder. If someone wants do one of those, I'd add this no problem.
What about blob viewports? If not in general then centered on the nucleus?
I stand by that blobs should have multiple players to watch several areas, such as both the core and access points.
(08-21-2020, 07:36 PM)DJ-Fireball_did_this Wrote: I stand by that blobs should have multiple players to watch several areas, such as both the core and access points.

I mean, this is certainly part of why combo-blobs tend to do better than two solo blobs.