Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
rework how the original sin medal
because people are not handling themselves very well in discord and a forums thread is always nice for this sort of stuff!

pali at one point suggested cloud flags, so it could be a medal in everything but name.

ALSO THIS THREAD IS SECRET CONTENT DISCUSSION PLEASE DO NOT LOOK IF U DONT WANT FARTNASIUM STUFF SPOILED FOR U THZ
(spoiler lines to give people a chance to click away)
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
EDIT: I have decided I do not mind the changes. I have been convinced that the way it is now is for the best. smile
You have not completed the fartnasium, because nobody has, yet.

BBSSS is a story in which you will be abused and you will be tricked.

I aim to directly subvert players' expectations, especially those who are already familiar with adventure content.

It will not be over until you've lost everything.

That's all I can say on the matter without spoiling more than has already been forcefully tipped out of my hand.
from what i've seen it didn't do what it was meant to do from the start and now that it does do it's intended behavior it's just confusing and it didn't really hit that "oh wait this is actually significant somehow" because people got used to it just being a reward for the thing in question rather than something story significant, that's my take on it at least
the complaints I've noticed are generally from the parties who'd use it every other round and make it seem dull

and now it's not being used every other round

which I think achieves the goal and was a success, while also being the intended behaviour off the bat so people wouldn't run it into the ground as they indeed did, disregarding other purposes
I am just sad that I did not know I could not use it again,...
After I used it last time,...
I would have spared the usage in that case...but now I am straight outta luck - and that saddens me. :/