Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Stuff lagg wants to work on and such
Hi! Imcoder, sort of, and ascoder I have a few ~ideas~ that I might be able to make happen! But, before I do, I wanna run them by yall to see if I actually /should/! Any thoughts?

==

Synthflesh OD - makes you (harmlessly) vomit gibs and synthflesh at nearby people.

==

Nicotine kills bees

==

Relephant PR: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/1833 (Nowhere near done)
Reworking the way mob appearances are handled, by moving much of the image data relevant to replaceable body parts onto those body parts, shifting most of the mutant race graphical things into the appearance holder, and defining a bunch of appearance bitflags to determine what gets displayed and how. mostly to allow mutant races to have tails and be dismembered.

==

if a clown slips, they shoot their gun in a random direction

==

Candygib and pinatization

Pinatize someone to fill their contents with candies and toys

When hit, theres a chance to fling something in their container, including organs. maybe also candy organs.

punch me for prizes, but actually.

==

Guardbuddy armor
build a metal (material?) outer shell for em, boosts health or something
or give em a secvest to boost their kinetic resist by a bunch
or give em heavy armor to boost all resists by a bunch
or give em eod gear to resist explosions
or give em a riot helmet for all these, but it falls off easily since its just a dumb hat
splash nanites on em and they regen damage

==

Use surgery to reverse the side of a limb

Scalpel, Saw, synthflesh ?

Robolimbs, just use it inhand (as a roboticist?)

==

Revelant PR: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/1842
Defib flatline tweak

If a defib cured ur flatline, dont just flatline one second later
makes an annoying noobtrap, take up doc time, and makes it feel kinda pointless
like I get it, its cus they are still damaged enough to get flatlined

adds a temp buff (Defibrillated!) that makes you immune to catching flatline
always does it, as a temp measure
duration as the time defibs take to recharge, maybe a little more
doesnt cure flatline, if you're defibbed while Defibbed!, has a higher chance of removing flatline
if you do it to yourself, the buff is much shorter, stun much longer

==

Remetant PR: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/1831
give werewolves an impossible to understand scoobydoo accent and red-green colorblindness.

==

Attach some kind of electrical shocker thing to a cyberlimb to make it wiggle around on its own. Increase the power (or emag it or something) to make it more dangerous, thrashing and throwing itself around, kicking people, spraying sparks, obnoxious stuff like that. Lasts until the battery runs out or someone presses the off button.
Quote:Candygib and pinatization

Pinatize someone to fill their contents with candies and toys

When hit, theres a chance to fling something in their container, including organs. maybe also candy organs.

punch me for prizes, but actually.
If clownspiders are ever an actual antag this should be a thing they cause.
I like most of these ideas. The ones that stand out:

Synthflesh
I'm probably one of the few who believes synthflesh should have have an actual somewhat hazardous OD at high doses as it's too easy a panacea when it comes to brute/burn. Not deadly, but enough to consider not spamming it. Vomiting flesh, general illness sounds good, I might suggest adding in some form of extra side-effect (high blood pressure from all that flesh, perhaps?) but again that's just me. 

Nicotine kills bees
Can you blow smoke from a cig to directly harm a bee? Would this mean that if someone is growing nicotine in botany and a bee tries to make honey from it, it will poison itself?

Piñatization
Would this be a admin button? Perhaps an in-game version of it would be putting a purchasable piñata (which knocks out candy if hit) inside someone's chest cavity would unlock that special reaction? 

Use surgery to reverse the side of a limb
I don't actually know what this means. Do you mean changing an limb (which is now amputated and an item) into its different side, so you now have a right arm which can be attached instead of a left one? 
That'd be very niche thing to know but also very handy, pun not intended. I like the idea of a robotics limb just being a standard "limb" which just can be switched inhand, it would deal with a lot of clutter issues.
Personally I like the pinata and werewolf one

The mob stuff sounds like a good long term investment

Too much synthflesh sounds like it could have all sorts of interesting OD effects. For instance, obesity since you've added too much skin
Won't waste your time, Love everything. Love it.

More detail,
The "mutant" parts have been in long-demand, so many disappointed to find they can't attach monster-pieces to their body.

Flatline has been ANNOYING, takes a long time to restart and then probably flatlines again. Losing a lot of patients to this.

Nicotine, Clown's and Synthflesh OD ideas are especially funny and practical. I think Bees should be more vulnerable to air pollution.

The only thing i find may be a point of contention is the werewolf proposal.
Communications among werewolves to other antags, and even crew have been long-important.
With this they will (potentially) be forced to turn into a human again to communicate or use some other means.
I personally find this to be a game-balance. A give and take to the werewolf.

It may leave them vulnerable to attack. (Transform takes 5-10 seconds of standing still, no actions)
However they now have REASON to transform back into a human instead of just rampaging the whole round.
Could be fun! I support it.
Werewolf accent is good. Just havent gotten around to stealing it from your old pr for it. You should do it thought. I've wanted that for years.
How about this: Attach some kind of electrical shocker thing to a cyberlimb to make it wiggle around on its own. Increase the power (or emag it or something) to make it more dangerous, thrashing and throwing itself around, kicking people, spraying sparks, obnoxious stuff like that. Lasts until the battery runs out or someone presses the off button.

Heavier limbs would be more dangerous, the heaviest of which could uppercut someone across the room. Treads could zip around and run over critters. Something like that.