Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NT//SYS//FILE: "Dick D. Detroit"
[WARNING: UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO RESTRICTED FILES MAY LEAD TO A COURT MARTIAL AND LIKELY PUNISHMENT VIA SHIPMENT TO PENAL STATION GAMMA. CONTINUE?] [Y/N]

.- -.-. -.-. . ... ... .. -. --. / ..-. .. .-.. . ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-

[IDENTIFICATION ACCEPTED. OPENING FILE. NOTE: FILING IS NOT ENTIRELY UP TO DATE AND WILL BE UPDATED LATER.]

---
[Image: mechwarrior.PNG]
[Pictured, from left to right: Dick Detroit, Hans Mutz [Deceased], Adam Kurtzman, Larry Smith [Missing in Action] onboard the NSS Adamant circa 2046.]

NAME: Richard "Dick" D. "Dynamite" Detroit
DOB: 13 JULY, 2023
BLOOD TYPE: A+
NOTABLE MEDICAL RECORDS: Puritan, will likely reject any sort of cloning.
SERVICE RECORDS: 3 Tours of Duty in the Nanotrasen Colonial Marine Corps, Stationed in Okinawa, Japan (20 AUGUST 2044) - Buenos Aires, Argentina (3 MAY 2045) - CV-386 Moon Colony (28 DECEMBER 2046) [War Veteran of the 2nd and 3rd Martian Invasions]
PROBABLE OCCUPATION(S): Captain, Roboticist, Security Officer, Barman, Staff Assistant
CERTIFICATIONS: N.R.E.E. (Nanotrasen Robotics Engineering and Expertise - Certified 2044) S.E.R.E. (Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape - Certified 2045) 
ADDITIONAL NOTES:
"Psych profile [See file NT-22345-a21E!] shows some signs of PTSD post 2nd tour in Argentina - Although nothing that would (or should) affect operations. Keep any 'designer drugs' out of his hands though, they seem to be similar to the faulty combat stimulants we gave out back in the summer of '45. Could make the patient go temporarily mad. Refer to our interview from 2049 for a more in depth analysis." - Dr. Jessica Hayes, psych evaluation of 2050.

"Dude's got a bad temper, but I wouldn't be alive if he didn't." - Pvt. Nguyen, AAR (After Action Report) [2 JUNE 2045]

---

[SEE ATTACHED FILE?] [Y/N]

[The following recording was made several months after the treaty of New Ardennes, the agreed upon "end point" of Human/Martian Hostilities by historians.]

[REDACTED]: "So, you're still on about the Martians."

[Detroit]: "Yeah, why wouldn't I? Fuckers nearly turned the Americas into a crater."

[REDACTED]: "Look. They've given up. They're gone. Up and left to the farthest reaches of the solar system. I don't think this is healthy, Dick. This is your third complaint this month; if you don't get your shit together you're looking at penal colony transference."

[Detroit]: "What isn't healthy is those aliens probing your head and sucking the fluids out, [Static]."

[REDACTED]: "Me being cloned isn't apart of this discussion, Dick. Nanotrasen gave me this body after that spat in the Amaz-"

[Detroit]: "Nanotrasen gave us an imitation of [Static]! You don't have the same spark as the superior I was assigned to the same squad to, and I'll be damned if you sully his name."

[There's an audible sigh.]

[REDACTED]: "It's clear that you're still carrying the baggage you got on Earth, man. Listen- I'm willing to get you a cushy job out in some remote station. Maybe it'll get your mind off of this whole ordeal. Hell, maybe you can start your life over and make something out of the years ya got left."

[The tape goes silent for a few minutes. Detroit lowers his voice.]

[Detroit]: "I'd... I'd like that."

[REDACTED]: "Excellent. I'll make the arrangements."

[Detroit gets out of the room and closes the door. A soft laugh can be heard.]

[REDACTED]: "...Computer, locate the closest known Syndicate hotspot."

[The tape ends.]