Carbadox's HoS Application
Usual character name: [b]Arthur Conway for Security, others names I frequently use is Grzegorz Brzęczyszczyk, Emily Watson, James Broadey and Billy Bike Jr. [/b]
BYOND username: Carbadox
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Carbadox
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Both

Reason for application: The influx of players has had a huge impact on rounds and their quality and I think it'd be able to help out more by being a HoS. The rounds I have played on Fridays have been alot of fun and becoming a HoS is definitely something I want to get into

Security experience (300 word minimum):

According to my Fish medal, I have been playing since August 2018, so I am getting some where close to 2 years now. I have played a number of different jobs over the previously mentioned two yearss and  I believe that I have managed to get a very good grip on alot of in game systems, especially all the  ones related to Security, for example
Medical, with first aid and surgery,
Engineering, hotwires (or more specifically how to take them down), station repairs and APC troubleshooting,
And Science, with most basic chemical recipes written down to muscle memory.

I've played alot of long spans in game as playing mainly Security for many rounds, usually over the course of a couple weeks to try and get into the rythym of it all. Playing through all those times has given me alot of lessons and experiences which have helped me play more effectively but also interact with others better. There's definitely been alot of tests of patience however I think they've helped me get better and keeping a cool and steady head, which is *really* needed when playing.

I think the aforementioned difficult rounds have given me alot of good points to consider about how I should react to situations like that. Rounds where the non antag crew starts raiding the armoury with emags, or when the AI is rouge and there's 4 borgs, the clown is trying to break out the mime who got brigged for greifing, there's holes all over the station and the powers going out because Engineering didn't set up the engine and just AAAAAGH. I think it's moments like that when being mild tempered, descicive, firm but not strict or loose with the rules to the point of being the antithesis of your job is the most hardest but also important.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
Dont take everything too seriously. You'll only wear yourself out and others and thats not what you're here for.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
I had a fun chat with a wannabe cult on the RP server today who defended that their practice was perfectly legal because a, they were using a monkey and not a real human and b, it was s cult of faith so arresting them would be prohibiting their freedom of speech. In the end, we all agreed to use the term edgy rave instead of cult and ended on the note of asking them to clean up the monkey, respect the noise levels and reminded them to drinks lots of water.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
Making the items in the Sec loadout vendor individual instead of whole sets. I find them a bit eh

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run
I've always wanted to see a full blown trial in game with both parties having prepared  materials and arguments. Seeing the discourse between the parties as well as the jury and spectators would be fun.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Yes. Carb is a good secoff and a cool person. They'll make a good HoS for sure
+1
ive played sec and as normal crew around carb before. i think he has a good grasp on the role and communicating with other officers. im giving this a +1
I think Carb would make a good HoS even for those on low Carb diets. Consistently enjoyable to interact with.
Probably a time zone thing and that I've only played on main in the last few months, but I can't recall but maybe one or two rounds where I've seen one of the listed names. That said, both Sart and Adhara have approved of this application, which I think takes a lot of good merit and totally positive experience to manage, and you're almost always around on Discord being pretty alright. +1 from me
I've played with them a number of times and have seen good things from them, I give my +1
Carb is consistently fun and funny to play with. Also robust but knows when to use it.
Hell yeah. Carb has good knowledge and a good temperament for it.
I support feeding Sylvester just the right amount of Carb.
Enjoyable to work with. Good attitude to sec, I see no reason to not give them the beret and the toasty warm cloak.