Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average
!READ ME! Game Unban Appeal Format
Exclamation 
Please make sure your post contains the following information:

Thread Title Format: 
your_username banned by banning_admin

Thread Body Format: 

Who banned you?: - Type "Unknown if you're unsure". Put the name of the admin who banned you somewhere in the thread's title too.
Byond Key: - This is the username you log in to byond.com or the byond app with.
Discord Username: - If you are a member, your username on discord, e.g. Spacebee#0591
Date of Ban: - When did it happen? A guess is okay if it was a while back or you don't remember exactly.
Specified Reason for Ban: - Please copy and paste the ban reason given.
Ban Length: - How long is it for?
What led to the ban?: - Give us whatever detail you can on the events leading up to the ban.
Why am I appealing?: - Why do you want to return?
Which rule did you break?: - Read the rules at https://wiki.ss13.co/Rules and tell us which ones were broken.
Evasion Attempts: - Did you try to get around the ban at all? Also, if you use a virtual machine or VPN, this is the time to tell us.

Thanks!
Copying and pasting some advice from the previous ban template thread, which accidentally got hard-deleted. Has been slightly updated to reflect that we use Discord over than IRC now.

BEFORE YOU WRITE YOUR APPEAL - Think carefully about what you are going to write! This isn't as simple as post thread -> get unbanned. You are writing an appeal. You are appealing to the admin staff's sense of fair play. If your appeal boils down to 'I'm sorry I got caught' or 'I didn't realize you have an arbitrary rule against something I think is perfectly fine', your appeal isn't going to go as well as an appeal that boils down to 'I thought about the rules, I think I understand now why you guys think they are so important, now that I understand the rule, I won't break it again'. Be polite, be thoughtful, and keep in mind that you broke rules which are in place for a reason. If you are having trouble understanding the reasoning behind a rule, feel free to drop by Discord and ask around. We don't want sucking up - we want a change in behaviour.  

DON'T LIE - We have a tremendous amount of logging capability and in all but extreme cases can tell exactly what went on. This includes trying to log in with different keys, on different computers and all the usual ban evasion bits that go with it. If caught lying to us, it is likely the terms of your ban will change.

DO NOT APPEAL PERMABANS WITHIN A MONTH UNLESS THEY SAY OTHERWISE - Unless your ban reason specifically says something like "please make an appeal on the forums", do not appeal your permaban until a month has passed.
Reminder, from rule 13:

If you DO get banned, and you want to not be banned, please visit the ban appeals forum. Please read ALL the sticky threads before posting your appeal - they contain important information you will absolutely need! Do not private message or ping admins about your ban.