Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Modern goonstation rounds are kind of directonless
(08-14-2020, 07:48 AM)Boxta Wrote: My advice is to play staffie, when i cycled through all the departments, i started playing staffie and then never stopped, Theres always something for a staffie to do wether its saving the station by stealing the nuke (done that), or just stealing minor things (done that), or teaching other players (done that), theres generally always something to do as a staffie
This is why I mainly play as a staff assistant, the round is always different and the world is your oyster. With other jobs you basically know what you'll be doing all round, with staff assistant it's different every time as whatever you run into will be the defining feature of that round.

All of the points brought up can be easily explained with the new tide. It was the same before after tides, it shall be the same once more. It'll eventually settle down into the same old nerds doing their things, but now we have a lot of people who 1) don't know what they should be doing and 2) don't know what they want to be doing. As the new people find their favorite jobs and niches we'll settle into the same old holding pattern that SS13 has been in for time immemorial, but let us enjoy this break from the monotony of the old nerds battling against each other in who can depopulate the station fastest and the old nerds who get tired of their work to fight against them.

The more experienced players get, the more confident they get in their skills with regards to combat. I don't have a single grain of doubt in my soul that once this tide gets milled through the meatgrinder that is SS13 that we shall return to the halcyon days of valid hunting etc.

One thing that old players can do to encourage new players is to set an example when dealing with antags. No matter your role, charge into combat with the glee of a berserker tripping out on reindeer piss. Do it long enough and new players will pick up that it's the cool thing to do. New players are obviously as afraid of dying early as any us old nerds, but I think it's up to us to show that there is no fear of death, only the glory of combat! Bonus points if you do it with random appearance and name so that it seems to the untrained eye that more people are doing it rather than just one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern goonstation rounds are kind of directonless - by Tribaja - 08-14-2020, 12:17 PM