Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Medical area in the afterlife bar
It'd be rad to have a small medical area in the afterlife bar with a monkey dispenser so people can practice both medical and surgery while dead.   I been using the afterlife bar to train a friend in the game, think it'd be handy dandy to have that.

Maybe even add a robotics dispenser with maxed materials.
This was actually part of the original design of the afterlife botany area - having little areas for practicing different job types.

The main issues with adding something like this (especially the robotics fabs) is that a lot of stuff can interact with the station proper that you have to watch out for; auditory headsets, health implants, that sorta thing.
Guess they'd need like a specialty afterlife fabricator. Would just be a limited robotics/medical dispenser. I love the afterlife bar for teaching tho cause there's no stress of "an antag is fully within their rights to kill me and the person I am teaching, but man it sucks and doesn't look good to the person I'm trying to get involved." Also nice to not disrupt the RP on the more chill RP servers :p

Oh shit I just realized I put this in general, can an admin shift it over to ideas please?
You could arguably fill the afterlife bar with a bunch of medkits in one room alongside surgery items and tables and call it a day.
(08-25-2020, 08:45 PM)Technature Wrote: You could arguably fill the afterlife bar with a bunch of medkits in one room alongside surgery items and tables and call it a day.

Yup. Most of anything really. The afterlife bar is a really good teaching tool and I am super glad we have it <3
Hey, glad I found this post since I've been thinking about the same thing when I go to the bar (usually meeting some unfortunate bath-bomb induced end while there!).

I'm only here to second maybe what Technature said, in that some medkits might be helpful, even if the only real learning there for job practice would be the different types of damage. If there really was an interest in making some more in-depth medical learning out of it, maybe fabricators wouldn't even be needed, since people learning the roles could just try to grow synthorgans and so long as an operating table and some tools are provided, they'd have enough to learn with?
I think this may be better suited for VR to allow both living and dead people to practice. Similar to the Murderbox actually! Spawn in a test patient, and maybe even set custom damage/health conditions, including organs and common poisons and other stuff.

The thing with this being in VR is that headsets won't break anything - spectral players (ghosts in VR) can't use them after all.