Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Access modification program for HoP PDA
Instead of the current cartridge, HoP PDAs would contain a program that lets them change the access levels of a given ID.

How it works:

1. Insert an ID with "ID Computer" privileges into any PDA with the Access change cartridge loaded.

2. Select the cartridge to start the program and enter a valid Pin.
  3. Player is presented with a list of access levels - check all that apply. (Note that the program CANNOT change names/pins - only access levels).
  4. Give the ID you want to change a smack with the PDA - the access levels you selected overwrite the ones already on the card.
This would allow HoPs to still do their job (or, at least part of it) without being tied to their office. Considering how frequently HoP players leave their ID computer, that seems like a good idea to me.
I'm not going to lie, that paints an even bigger target on the HoP's head. I do not think this is a good idea.
I personally like it, perhaps you'd have to put in your bank code to use it and had limited options when away from the desk (No Command or Security promotions? How about custom access is also limited to only basic items like maint or general entry to a department?). I like the idea of it being limited but still available, hell you could make it a job reward as not to paint as big of a target on their back as it isn't guaranteed.
Aside from HoP being hunted for his access. (Access pro exists similar to your idea)
This would seriously imbalance the game I'd think. When gangs for instance achieve AA, they begin to hand it out.
My best option here is to shut down power to HoP's office. Boom. No more AA.

With your IDEA, they'll be a mobile, instant and nearly undetectable AA machine.

HATE IT.
Personally I'd like the HoP to have a traitor item like this but with it you can do crazy IDs and stuff.
Actually having a traitor HoP thing to turn IDs into Agent Cards via the portable ID changer could be cool - that or just emagging the ID mod console to make the agent cards.
I feel like this would make the HoP's office even more useless than it already is.