Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dismemberment and Explosions
For limbs damaged by explosions there should be a small chance that the limb that fly off into a bloody arc instead disintegrates into a small shower of gore.

"Your left arm disintegrates into a shower of blood!"

"Your right arm explodes into nothingness!"
I'd rather see traumatic dismemberment be less likely so that there is room for treatment and possibly surgical amputation if it is too late to save the limb.
This is probably partially a stupid idea, but I think it would be neat if necrosis could occur on a limb, and require removal to prevent death.

The potentially stupid part comes from what if a zombie necrosis could occur, that turns you into a zombie instead if you don't get the offending limb/limbs removed in time. These would probably be killable mob zombies, because player zombies kind of suck and are too OP.
atomic1fire Wrote:This is probably partially a stupid idea, but I think it would be neat if necrosis could occur on a limb, and require removal to prevent death.

The potentially stupid part comes from what if a zombie necrosis could occur, that turns you into a zombie instead if you don't get the offending limb/limbs removed in time. These would probably be killable mob zombies, because player zombies kind of suck and are too OP.
no zombies

I like the idea that if you cut someone and they leave it untreated it could get infected and need to be amputated, though.
I figured the zombie idea would be kind of dumb. But gangrene and other diseases are a legit problem that can require limb removal to prevent death. Also flesh eating viruses, which sound super scary, and could totally be a traitor item for a medical doctor/director gone mad.

It would also be kind of gross if medbay had maggots they could use to eat off dead tissue as a potential replacement to removing a limb wholesale. Then they could remove the maggots somehow and use synthflesh/brute patch to fix the person afterword.

It would probably be gross but it would be a legit medical treatment.
atomic1fire Wrote:I figured the zombie idea would be kind of dumb. But gangrene and other diseases are a legit problem that can require limb removal to prevent death. Also flesh eating viruses, which sound super scary, and could totally be a traitor item for a medical doctor/director gone mad.

It would also be kind of gross if medbay had maggots they could use to eat off dead tissue as a potential replacement to removing a limb wholesale. Then they could remove the maggots somehow and use synthflesh/brute patch to fix the person afterword.

It would probably be gross but it would be a legit medical treatment.
Only if they're giant, adorable, tile-sized giant space maggots.
On one hand, I like that medicine has been trending toward more realism. On the other, at what point is this all going to get tedious? This is a game where you get injured a lot. If you have to get a tetanus shot every time you cut yourself, that's gonna get old.
I think some of these things make medbay more fun.

It was already boring when everything was a easy bake solution.

Requiring that a doctor improvise if nothing else can be entertaining.

Losing an arm/leg means either crawling to medbay, or burning your stump with a welder and keep doing whatever.
If you need to start disinfecting all wounds this will become beyond tedious

think about how many times you've been punched by some dude once as he tries to walk through a door; that is now a potentially debilitating wound if you don't immediately go to medbay and whine for disinfectant

fuck that entirely
Why would a punch result in death if disinfectant is not applied?
Can we all get back on the initally suggested idea because this derail has http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/forum/vi...f=6&t=1644
Weavel Wrote:If you need to start disinfecting all wounds this will become beyond tedious

think about how many times you've been punched by some dude once as he tries to walk through a door; that is now a potentially debilitating wound if you don't immediately go to medbay and whine for disinfectant

fuck that entirely
well it wouldn't be EVERY bit of damage, it'd be every time something caused you to bleed.

obviously you wouldn't be going around disinfecting bruises