Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 1.89 Average
Remove genetic things from lings entirely.
Let's not get mean with each other.

For one --- DJ-Fireball --- I admire your constant input of feedback regarding varios different mechanics on GOON. That is great! Keeps the conversation going.

Second --- Your reasoning behind Changelings should be unable to utelize Gene-Machine still makes no sense.
Look...when you absorb a human...you also absorb their full DNA and active Gene abilities.

Think about this way - you are not finding any insulated gloves but see somebody with SMES - Yum Yum - eat them up and then you got your insulated hands. Nice thing.
You become THEM when transforming into said absorbed person.
SO - even if we go with your reasoning that a Changeling is alien and thus should not utilize the Gene-Stuff,...
Then please explain to me why if you use all that DNA of the absorbed human to mimic him or her - how and why abilities based on DNA should not transfer as well?

What's next? I mean you can change someones skin and I think perhaps hair color in the gene machine? Should the Changeling thus not be able to look different when transforming into somebody?

Yeah I am arguing a slippery slope but that is what this whole discussion feels like right now.
I neither see a really good lore nor balance reason for any change.

Rather than to substract a feature which nearly everyone can use - one should think about adding or changing current systems.

Lastly - if we for one second imagine your change going through. Great.
What about Genetecist Changelings? Or should they never be able to spawn as one? Because...not being able to use that is kinda meh~
And also if Changelings could not spawn as Genetecists then this would conclude in the following; you'd be able to immediately say that the Genetecists from round-start can never be a Changeling (unless absorbed) seems also kinda strange.

---

We are all just repeating and repeating the same arguments.

How about a poll?
Considering this thread's rating I think we all know the direction a poll would go in.
Threads have a rating? Where?
(08-12-2020, 06:46 PM)GORE Wrote: Threads have a rating? Where?

Top right corner.
Interesting.
I'm not sure if i'd even consider ling OP in it's current state, mostly just unfun and redundant. Outside of shamblers being kinda spooky when they happen.
Ling is honestly less destructive than traitor a good chunk of the time.
I think the reason ling makes people mad is because its all about stealth and instant KOs. People just don't like getting stung and then having to way to fight back. I can understand that but the ling should be SCARY. You should fear being alone when there is a ling around. 1v1 vs changeling you are gone dude. That's just how it should be. Anyway I dont think this thread was about this talk. Maybe it is? I dunno.
As my rambling rants far up above, I wouldn't mind if Ling was much stronger and stuff as long as it was more engaging to deal with. It's fine winning able to 1v1 but it could just be a bit more interesting instead of perfect stealth y'know? Hivemind was an attempt to involve more people but it's not taken far enough and - well, you're right, this might be a bit off-topic.

Still though I wouldn't mind ling being more of a centerpiece to a round like rev/blob/etc if it was more fun and thematic or something.