Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
General Sec Token Chat - Replacement and Improvement Brainstorming Here!
(08-11-2020, 12:59 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: On Sundance's Deputy idea, would anybody be opposed to having an actual mechanical way to deputize someone where they get dispensed a silver badge and a token? It would obviously need to be card locked to either HoS or say 2 Badges for that "2 keys turn at the same time" action. If this is a good enough "concept" that it could be fleshed out and made non-exploitable then I'd like to make a thread for it.

My deputize concept isn't so far away from this actually. This might be worthy of another thread.

Reminder that Security, Captain and HoS have unique spawn only IDs which can be used as key for the 3 step auth armory. 

A secure level below this would be authorization of another token which would require a 2 step authorization from those unique IDs (or 1, if HoS)

There's two ways of balancing this, further to the two step auth. 

1.My concept would be a Secure QM Requisition computer, which can order tokens if unlocked by the two step auth. This would be tied in with a separate Security budget where fines could be fed into. It does require security to pick it up at QM. 

This is balanced by the fact it's tied into a budget. Giving the budget 6000 credits with tokens costing 3000 each, that's only 2 tokens security could purchase without outside interference (such as the HoP/Cap/AI transferring funds)

This adds a real corporate element of "Cops for Hire" and while the fining function seems a bit arbitrary, I think it would be very rad. Remember again that fining has to be approved by the Captain/HoS and the fines are automatic and added back into the budget already, this would just add a different pool, like engineers and their big ol lazer.

2. You got get rid of the entire corporate end / QM side of it and just make a wall mounted device that requires two swipes of a unique sec spawn ID to dispense a token. 

The balance here is that you could simply put big ol cooldown the dispenser. It's HIGHLY unlikely that two security would enrol via deputization at the same time and far more likely of someone wants +1 token they are likely gangs/traitors/shitsec. 

The issue I have with this is that it's too simple and doesn't have room to grow. But could absolutely be feasible and might be the solution to the problem in the short term.

(08-11-2020, 09:35 PM)Technature Wrote: I think the purchasable tokens will have the potential to reintroduce the problems that tokens were supposed to solve in the first place, since it means the HoP, Captain, or anyone given Sec access can potentially order a shit ton of tazers and then go on a rampage.

I feel the idea reinstates the previous problem with tazers and just introduces a middleman to go through.

Hard disagree. You can add checks and balances to make purchasable tokens viable, see above. 

Adding a middleman works, if it doesnt you add two. See QM security crates. All you need but it's locked behind Sec ID and a heavy shipping cost. It can certainly be done, but it's not like the buffet previous security was.

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Sec Token Chat - Replacement and Improvement Brainstorming Here! - by Sundance - 08-12-2020, 06:02 AM