Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Ammo Types For Detective!
I've always been a fan of using the gadget hat for detective as a multitool and personally think that more options for ammunition types should be available in the same vein as ti make pulling out his revolver not exclusive to when you need to pop a cap in someone's ass. In my personal view I think these ammo types should be useful for non-combat roles primarily, with secondary combat uses taking a back seat. Some example ideas could be "Flare Rounds" that shoot small flaming pellets in a wide spread on impact to quickly light up an area or irresponsibly light a cigarette, "Tape Shot" that shoots a string of police tape to mark off an area or even a sort of cotton wad shot that enables a single chemical to be applied to someone at a distance to make for a makeshift medical marksman(firing would cause any that change with heat to do so as to discourage chemistry nerd tag teams aside from the usual synthflesh).

In general the idea is that the detective should have more uses for his revolver than being one of the few spawn lethals. Even if my ammunition types are poor, I think that the core concept in general is worth discussing and if it is agreed to be a good idea then more types of ammo could be discussed from that point onwards.
I think tracer rounds, that allow you to tag and track someone, would be a good addition.
These could be high tech and work like a tracking implant, or they could simply be dye rounds that paint the person and make them leave a colorful trail behind them.

Maybe an extreme close quarters round? Maybe a kind of flash round blinds and deafens but you have to be in melee range.

And of course there is that glue gun idea