Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Unique Sec Tokens, Additional Job tokens
(08-09-2020, 05:29 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Maybe some system for guns/batons not being immediately dropped when you get knocked over could help, force them to strip it from you.

Realism-wise, it's kinda weird that every form of laying down (tripping, getting knocked over, intentionally laying down, etc) instantly clears one's hands.
I don't feel expanding the Token system beyond SEC is worthwhile.
The point of the tokens is to limit items I'd think. (Don't know, haven't talked to token dev)
More specifically, to limit weapons available on station.

For "special" gear to be purchased role-specific may be more effort than simply putting it in a public locker for all to enjoy.
The locker thing is less to limit the total amount of weapons and more to (both in-universe and out) give secoffs specialized equitment but they can't just nab all of it. The equitment still exists and people can probably still bust into it if they can really get into the storage room with an emag. However, "important" things like the baton and taser would just be from spawning and be limited by that.
(08-09-2020, 05:29 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Maybe some system for guns/batons not being immediately dropped when you get knocked over could help, force them to strip it from you.

CM has a system for that where you can put an attachment called uhh webbing I think and if you get knocked down your weapon just goes back into it's spot in your inventory instead of being dropped on the ground.
I don't think that trading in medals/job rewards for tokens is good. The current system works, there are other ways to make it less clunky without implicitly requiring map changes and more token machines.
(08-11-2020, 01:48 PM)phyvo Wrote: I don't think that trading in medals/job rewards for tokens is good. The current system works, there are other ways to make it less clunky without implicitly requiring map changes and more token machines.

I figure it would be more like, you walk up to an atm, pop a token in, get a prize.

What's the prize? Something related to your job and either cosmetic or a sidegraded bit of gear.
I think it would feel less game-y if you bought them outside of the actual rounds.