Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Announce Bot
Rainbow 
(This idea is kind of dumb.)

Announce Bot.

A constructible bot, I was thinking something along the lines of the airhorn + standard bot construction, to set it apart from the bike horn, which makes amusing ducks and to make it a little more difficult to construct.

The Announce Bot does nothing. It stands motionless until it sees a desired target. Its targets are the following:
1. If the target is on fire
2. If the target is set to arrest
3. If the target is in critical condition.

The Announce Bot will then run up to the player (or unless the player goes out of range), make a small beep and then announce the following, in order:

1. "You are on fire!"
2. "[name], you are under arrest!"
3. "[name] is in need of medical attention!"

The Announce bot then will stop in its tracks and stand motionless unless the target still in range and still has that condition in which case after another 30 seconds the Announce bot will announce it again. 

Yes, if the player has all three of those conditions, then the Announce bot will announce them.

The Announce bot doesn't do anything either when beaten by an assistant who hates its guts. 

The Announce bot function is mostly annoying and is designed to be a joke where you are the butt of it, where an AI is designed to just state your current sad existence, but it might have some functional use (in moderation), say the medbay foyer where someone is in critical condition and you spot it on the chat. Its security function... is questionable. Personally you'd rather the perp not knowing that security is after you. But then again it'd also be hilarious for a player to be suddenly ratted out among their colleagues. You could also set announce bots in security foyer too, to yell at those set to arrest and scare them off.

Emagging: 
The Announce bot will instead target players at random, announcing incorrect things along with garbled nonsense, like trying to sell you house insurance and giving you advice about how to claim back tax.
If this got coded I would use it, a yes from me.
Finally, something that bests the Butt Bot in usefulness.
Emagging it makes it an actual medibot.