TheMaskedMan2 - Mentor Application
(08-07-2020, 11:52 PM)Knight Wrote: The gist from me is that I would usually "yes" this because I know you're a very capable, knowledgeable player, however as of late my experiences with you and watching you play haven't been very pleasant. I've seen a few recent instances (since I was adminned) of you getting frustrated very easily in dead chat/OOC. This usually wouldn't be a complete 'no', but I've noticed that sometimes you can be pretty snarky/condescending towards people (specifically new players or newer nukie players) and I don't think that's really mentor-behaviour.

There's also the antag-fishing problem. It definitely isn't as bad/prevalent as it used to be, but I've noticed there have been some rounds where you've gone ahead and suicided/logged off around 10 minutes into it. I know that sometimes people have to go, but it reached a level of consistency that I started recognizing your CKEY as being a frequent "offender".

All in all, I think it's a "no" from me for now, however that's definitely capable of changing if I see some improvement.

That's fair enough and I can understand how it could come across that way. I tend to ramble a little bit in dead chat quite easily, and quite often I actually try to help newer players. Wizards running into me while rambling about what to do or how to do I try to help. I admit sometimes I roll my eyes a little bit when somebody has turned Nukie on without even understanding how to turn on internals. That's partially why I wanted to be mentor, so I can actually try to help these people and tell them how to play.

As for the antag things, that's not really what i'm doing at all. Goonstation is a very relaxed place for me and I kinda just enjoy goofing around and tend to die easily. Usually when I have to leave for the night I just decide to die in a dumb way infront of everyone. I didn't really think it was that often at all I log out entirely.

Anyways thanks for the feedback. Obviously I didn't think my OOC attitude was that poor outside of a few comments, there's a certain air of professionalism and an image one must take when representing a community. That's the responsibility with being a member of a staff team.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMaskedMan2 - Mentor Application - by TheMaskedMan2 - 08-08-2020, 06:43 AM
RE: TheMaskedMan2 - Mentor Application - by pali6 - 08-13-2020, 02:34 AM