makkipakki's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Elika Zamani, Subrosa (mime), b.o.r.g.l.e./e.l.i.k.a. (borg and AI). Really old players might recognize Ulrike Scherer, but for a long time I random-named.
BYOND username: Makkipakki
Discord username (if you are on our discord): makkipakki#8460
Recommended by (if applicable): Flourish
Goon servers you play: LLJK2. I've played on RP before but I'm awful at convincing roleplay and try to spare others from my fumbling attempts at it.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
I've always really enjoyed Goonstation. To me the codebase is SS13, and though I've tried many other servers over the years I always end back here. I started playing on Goon regularly in 2012, but after a couple of years I had to take a lengthy, unavoidable break. I came back to the station in 2018 and have had a wonderful time learning all the new stuff and seeing the drastic improvement in culture over the old days. Teaching new folks the ins and outs of farty spacemen has always consumed a large portion of my playtime, and I've always been kinda frustrated that I couldn't offer guidance after I died to players that needed it, so I figured I might as well toss in a mentor app. I've found that some of the greatest enjoyment I get out of the game is seeing a newbie that I taught some tricks to robust an antag or make it to the shuttle alive, and say "wow this shift was fun!".

I wouldn't call myself an expert in any specific area, but I have spent a ton of time in medical, science, mining (including both old and new matsci), and being a borg. I have experience in every job on the station, but I tend to stay away from Command and Sec roles nowadays (though you can sometimes find me as RD or detective). For awhile I exclusively played synthetic roles and wrassled with the borg UI to the point that I actually like it. I love DWAINE and Robuddies, and constructing absurd systems with mechcomp is something I've dabbled in a fair bit. One major thing that I know zilch about are the secret areas/adventure zones. I've dabbled in many but completed very few, but really want to expand my knowledge concerning them. I did complete Urs' Dungeon though!

I see being a mentor as a toolset that will allow me to increase the effectiveness of something I already enjoy doing. I've largely not been a part of the out-of-game community until recently and I'm really bad at associating OOC accounts with IC names, so I apologize in advance to those of you who told me to apply earlier and to put you down as a recommendation!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

Outside of asking for tempbans because I'm atrocious at time-management, none that I can think of. My most recent one of those was from Flourish. On my old and dead account (breachbangclear) it's possible I may have had an actual ban but I honestly can't remember.
Very patient and knowledge. Never a bad experience with them.

+1 this borg(le)
I don't remember anything specific but I get this vague sense of good vibes from you and my good person spidey-sense can't be wrong. +1
I recognize Elika and they always seemed to be a fun and friendly persona to me, so sure, purp em
+1
Elika is super fun, friendly, and helpful. It's always great to see them around the station, and I think they'd be an awesome mentor!
Always a pretty fun and friendly peep and knows the right stuff for mentor. +1
An expert in non-verbal communication, and a whole lot of fun to play with. Very knowledgeable. Definitely a big +1 from me!
A good player that would make a great mentor mouse!