Dabe's HoS Application! (The Revengeance)
Usual character name: Dabe Stridrer
BYOND username: Jero1717
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Jero1717
Recommended by (if applicable): 
Goon servers you play: Goon Rp and 2

Reason for application:

I'm applying because having more HoS players is good.

Being less silly I'm applying because I think that we need more HoS players, security is an important role, and having a HoS makes it much more fun for both security and the antagonists, the HoS needs to organize security and allow the station to be safe, while also making sure that the antags have fun too, playing into their gimmicks and chilling around when things are calm, and being a deadly force you must run from when things go south, I want to be a HoS to make the rounds more fun for everyone.

also people keep telling me to apply

Security experience (300 word minimum):

I started playing sec I think around the end of 2018, back in those times I got dunked on most of the times, with assistants disarming my baton and leaving me to die, or clowns pulling a deadly prank, but with the times I managed to make the station stay safe and with me laughing off my deaths I kept going on, and eventually I was the robust one, managing to defeat hordes of revolutionaries and gangsters in hand to hand combat, or defeating mindslaved HoSes using tactical vomit and slips, but for me being robust isn’t the most important part of being a HoS, sure it’s useful, but you don’t need to always carry around combat drugs and enough guns to put the nuke ops to shame, but having the skills to make fun situations is what matters.

I personally think that this is mainly a social game, and with that I’ve learned how to play sec fun, not only for the force itself but also the antags, it’s no fun to just get killed by a c saber by an assistant with a cloaking device, and at the same time it’s not cool to get beaten up and put in the brig with no timer for eating the donuts either, It’s important for me for both antags and sec to have fun interactions and to let there be a back and forth between them, poking some fun at the antagonists over the radio and telling them that you will get them, chatting with possible antagonists instead of just stunning them at looking at their things, and just walking around the station and interacting with other people.

I believe I have enough mechanical experience to be able to be a good HoS, and a good attitude too, being able to create fun situations and interaction with the people.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?

Communicating within sec is very useful, the comms are not only for calling for help when things go wrong, but for planning things out like ambushes or patrol routes, talking with your fellow officers about anything, sharing info about whatever may be happening, and more, one sec in disposals dies alone, a group of coordinated sec can do much more than just catching the criminals.

also dont walk with your weapons out, you WILL get either slipped or disarmed, and who knows what a clown with a stun baton can do.

What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)

One of my favorite rounds was one where it was all calm, suddenly calls of revs blared over the radio, we secured the heads in security, when suddenly a mass of revs spilled in, we got overrun and the MD and me barely managed to warp away to cargo, from there we set up a guerilla base, doing implant runs and retreating, before we got overwhelmed, at the same time telling the revs over the radio that nanotrasen would win in the end, and daring them to come fight us, there was only one revhead left, and they came to cargo to end us, after a violent fistfight the two of us managed to sell him over the mass driver.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

Draw a picture!

https://imgur.com/a/fjQeNUk (Dint let me insert it directly sadly)

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None!
you didn't submit this 30 seconds from when you told me you were gonna submit it in the next 30 seconds. also you didn't list me as a recommendation

but +1 anyways
Wow what an absolutely rude nerd, making us wait all this time and then not even putting anyone as a recommendation!

Absolutely awful! Your punishment shall be serving up crime to the grey tide masses for all eternity under the beret! +1
Seen this dude around, deffo a +1 from me
Dabe Strider is a huge dork which means he's the ideal HoS. +1 from me
Dabe is a great security officer and always lots of fun. I'd definitely trust him with the beret.
Seen Dabe as a secoff and sometimes even as HoS on fridays, and he always seemed like a good cop to me so +1
Always a relief to see Dabe on as security. Reckon they'd fit that beret nicely. +1 from this borgo
Dabe has the judgement and discretion needed for HOS as well as communication skills. Definite yes from me.
Dabe is someone I'm familiar with and fond of my experiences with. He's a fun guy to work with and is excellent HoS material. +1.
+1 for Dabe! I always enjoy their Friday rounds as HoS!
Dabe is a very reliable teammate when one is working as security and easygoing when you are playing other jobs. I can't recall a time when Dabe wasn't helpful and didn't show restraint despite being more heavily armed than Jay Wolff.
Can absolutely recommend Dabe here - they tick all the boxes of communication, temperament and appropriate escalation.