PromethiusX Mentor Application
Usual character name: Cronos Morphis
BYOND username: PromethiusX
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Massattack52
Recommended by (if applicable): Nick Of Yellow
Goon servers you play: Goon RP, RP Overflow

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing this game for a long time. Back in the good old days of Goon RP I would go around, being a gene man, shooting the shit, and having a general wail of a time. I know 99.7% of everything you could possibly need to know to be a god-tier geneticist, and I'm excited to learn the last .3%. But that's just genetics. I've also played a lot of shifts as a scientist, tried some botany, given a gander to telescience, tried my hand at whatever it is mechanics do, and dawdled around as an assistant.

The point is, I've done things. But there's always going to be more to do. More things to learn. And that's just me. After 4 years, I feel almost utterly incompetent outside genetics and science, and I still have so much to learn about everything else. But the things I do know, I know well, and I crave the opportunity to teach it to others. There are so many other protagonists in this story, some of them only just arriving and beginning the first step of their journey. 

I love the playerbase for this game, and the concepts themselves. People dedicate a lot of time to making the mechanics and lore of this game that I awe at and find so enthralling, and giving new players the opportunity to understand those mechanics and assisting them in maybe finding their place in our little world would add a whole new level of fulfillment to this already fantastic experience.

Not going to lie, as I'm filling this out, I'm extremely nervous. I've not been an ideal player in the past, and I'm hoping that in this way I can give back to the community that tolerated me as it did for so long, and maybe learn step by step how to become the ideal player I've always had the intention of becoming. You guys are worth it.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):  I remember I've been banned twice in my time here at Goonstation, once for scrambling a mans genes because he wanted his accent gone, and then getting clapped down on because he apparently had 3 other mutations that he didn't want gone, and the context of the situation lead to me being banned due to that mistake. I also called someone a name that's quite distasteful, and after accounting for the culmination of my other prior offenses, it was deemed that I needed a month to cool off.

The second time I was banned, I made another distasteful word choice while telling a joke, and also turned a man into a dwarf against his will in an attempt to activate an object that I forget the name of, but was essentially a button that asked your to fulfill absurd quotas whenever you pressed it and would eventually cause something interesting to happen. Since the player didn't consent, I got the boot.

[b]I thoroughly regret being this person, and not just as a player who makes bad decisions, but a person who allows themselves to continually keep going in such a shitty direction, so I consciously choose to divide myself from pettiness and frankly being a bummer these days. I don't know why I was in such a mood at the time, probably because I've been generally stupid until recently, but this isn't the person I want to be, so I've chosen to do my best to bright the days of those around me.

[/b]
I've played a lot with Cronos in the last month or so, and he's been excellent as a teacher of some corner case genetics stuff and has helped me learn a few new tricks.  I think he'll make a quality mentor, so in my opinon, make this turbo gene nerd a purple gene nerd, so other gene nerds can be nurtured thereby.
Chronos has been nothing but helpful and kind in the discord from what I've seen, and I've definitely played enough rounds with them in the past to say that they know their stuff. +1
If people can't change, what's the point of learning? My experiences with Cronos have been positive ones, both in and out of character. I have no concerns about having him represent the game to a new player.

He has been quick to help and patient when explaining, and when teaching me telescience or leading me through adventure zones, he never made me feel rushed or silly. He has a lot of experience in a niche area of the game, and I think he could be a big help to players who are new or interested in learning genetics and science.

Make him purple already, y'all. +1 from Fleur.
Cronos Morphis is a fantastic Character to play with, and PromethiusX has a mentality perfectly fit for rp AND mentorship. The main one that comes to mind is "I do not need to win. I would like to see where this obvious antag is going to take things to see if it'l be fun" and this is a really really good mentality to have for mentorship. They are definetly a knowledgable player both general basics and specializes in Genetics.

I cannot remember anything super horrible about PromethiusX behavoir in the past other than minor hickups over the years. In the past few months they have been an ideal player, the type I would love to see become a mentor. Not just a good player who doesn't break any rules, but the type of person who activetly seeks to improve the round at the expense of their own safety, and will actively be nice, go out of their way outside the game to help out in whatever way they can.

+1 Tooty's seal of approval.
I think you've improved overall as a player, but I'm not convinced that that you should be a mentor right now. From my experience, you have a tendency to appear understanding of the rules and things that you shouldn't do, but will continue to disregard them, if it benefits you. I don't think I could trust you to not use mentorhelps to metagame.

Given your (both old and more recent) history + notes, I'd like to see a longer period uninterrupted good behavior and helping other players. For now I'm saying no.