Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Juggaloo_man banned by Simianc
Who banned you?:SIMIANC
Byond Key: Juggaloo_man
Date of Ban: Monday
Specified Reason for Ban:
Attacking and killing people as a nonantag. Logged off before they could be spoken to. Appeal this on the forums so we can sort this out.

Ban Length: Somewhere around monday, I forgot.
What led to the ban?: Attacking and killing people as a nonantag.
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I'm sorry for killing those guys, I already won the fight when I put them in crit, beating them to death wasn't necessary and it was a dick move, I ruined their round and I'm sorry about that. Also I apologize for leaving before I could be spoken to, I was killed by a werewolf so I left.
Which rule did you break?: 1. Don't grief. This isn't limited to just killing people: dismembering, stripping, crippling, force-feeding, force-borging, uploading murder laws to the AI, setting up death traps, wrecking or depowering parts of the station, anything that explodes, etc. are all griefy. As a rule of thumb, if it's bad and takes more than 10 minutes for a normal player to fix, it is covered by this rule. If someone is confirmed (via game mechanics) to be an antagonist, is a cluwne, has agreed to whatever you're planning to do to them, or you've seen them griefing people this round, you can go after them. This means that you shouldn't kill people for annoying you mildly or inconveniencing you, but only if they are actual threats/a cluwne. Feel free to adminhelp for clarification anyways. Antagonists, emagged cyborgs, mindslaves and thralls may ignore this rule whenever they want to/can in the case of mindslaves and thralls. (Huffnote: mindslaves and thralls whose owners die have long since been allowed to just do whatever they want if they can't revive their owner) Silicons must ignore this rule if their orders/laws require it of them, but aren't allowed to grief otherwise. Note: braindead people still count as people. They might be coming back. A longer discussion of grief and what does and doesn't constitute it is available here. Do not harm anyone in arrivals, antag or not, if they're not existing players.

Evasion Attempts: NONE
Thank you for the appeal.

(07-31-2020, 09:08 AM)Juggaloo_man Wrote: Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I'm sorry for killing those guys, I already won the fight when I put them in crit, beating them to death wasn't necessary and it was a dick move, I ruined their round and I'm sorry about that. Also I apologize for leaving before I could be spoken to, I was killed by a werewolf so I left.

Not only was beating them to death unnecessary, but you instigated all of these fights throughout the round until you were killed by the werewolf.

Logs Wrote:Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "LETS" Quartermaster's Office (190,123,1)
0:23:48.872 say Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "FIGHT" Quartermaster's Office (190,123,1)
0:23:51.317 say Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "BITCH" Quartermaster's Office (190,123,1)
0:23:53.552 combat Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host attacks Arte Rainier with the emergency toolbox (/obj/item/storage/toolbox/emergency, object name: emergency toolbox) at Quartermaster's Office (188,126,1).
0:24:20.574 say Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "YEAH" Quartermaster's Office (188,123,1)
0:24:23.767 say Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "WHATEVER" Quartermaster's Office (188,123,1)
0:24:29.150 say Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "LETS FIGHT" Quartermaster's Office (188,123,1)
0:24:31.093 combat Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host attacks Arte Rainier with the emergency toolbox (/obj/item/storage/toolbox/emergency, object name: emergency toolbox) at Quartermaster's Office (188,128,1).

The logs go on like this for quite a bit. Except for one person, you threw the first punch every time, and in that particular instance, the other player was trying to disarm you from bashing Arte with the toolbox. In total, there were a total of 34 hostile actions against you as compared to the 265 you caused, this is excluding anything involving the werewolf. 

This series of incidents was after you logged off the Overflow RP Server after following the Captain around and harassing them to fight you. The grief rule isn't limited to murder, it also includes randomly assaulting people. 

What I'm trying to say is, stop picking fights with people and using their attempts at self-defense as a justification to escalate to murder AKA self-antagging.
(07-31-2020, 11:11 AM)SimianC Wrote: Thank you for the appeal.

(07-31-2020, 09:08 AM)Juggaloo_man Wrote: Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I'm sorry for killing those guys, I already won the fight when I put them in crit, beating them to death wasn't necessary and it was a dick move, I ruined their round and I'm sorry about that. Also I apologize for leaving before I could be spoken to, I was killed by a werewolf so I left.

Not only was beating them to death unnecessary, but you instigated all of these fights throughout the round until you were killed by the werewolf.

Logs Wrote:Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "LETS" Quartermaster's Office (190,123,1)
0:23:48.872 say Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "FIGHT" Quartermaster's Office (190,123,1)
0:23:51.317 say Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "BITCH" Quartermaster's Office (190,123,1)
0:23:53.552 combat Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host attacks Arte Rainier with the emergency toolbox (/obj/item/storage/toolbox/emergency, object name: emergency toolbox) at Quartermaster's Office (188,126,1).
0:24:20.574 say Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "YEAH" Quartermaster's Office (188,123,1)
0:24:23.767 say Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "WHATEVER" Quartermaster's Office (188,123,1)
0:24:29.150 say Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host says, "LETS FIGHT" Quartermaster's Office (188,123,1)
0:24:31.093 combat Tylers Blevins the Radio Show Host attacks Arte Rainier with the emergency toolbox (/obj/item/storage/toolbox/emergency, object name: emergency toolbox) at Quartermaster's Office (188,128,1).

The logs go on like this for quite a bit. Except for one person, you threw the first punch every time, and in that particular instance, the other player was trying to disarm you from bashing Arte with the toolbox. In total, there were a total of 34 hostile actions against you as compared to the 265 you caused, this is excluding anything involving the werewolf. 

This series of incidents was after you logged off the Overflow RP Server after following the Captain around and harassing them to fight you. The grief rule isn't limited to murder, it also includes randomly assaulting people. 

What I'm trying to say is, stop picking fights with people and using their attempts at self-defense as a justification to escalate to murder AKA self-antagging.
ok, will do

can I be unbanned now?
(07-31-2020, 11:20 AM)Juggaloo_man Wrote:

ok, will do

can I be unbanned now?
Um, are you there?
It's been one day since my reply, have some patience. I'm under no obligation to expedite your ban appeal through, especially considering how low effort your responses have been

That said, it's been 3 days since your ban was applied and I'm willing to lift it provided you follow the rules.
(08-01-2020, 11:44 AM)SimianC Wrote: It's been one day since my reply, have some patience. I'm under no obligation to expedite your ban appeal through, especially considering how low effort your responses have been

That said, it's been 3 days since your ban was applied and I'm willing to lift it provided you follow the rules.
Alright, I'll be sure to follow the rules more.
It's been lifted
(08-01-2020, 01:16 PM)SimianC Wrote: It's been lifted

thanks