Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Inserting an id into a spy pda should not attempt to claim it
See title.  Alternately, make absolutely sure that it's properly checking the claim location, or have the claim not be instant.  I mean, it's funny, but it's practically unavoidable short of not doing what loads of people reflexively do first thing at roundstart.
When you're PDA bombed enough, you learn not to do that.

In any case, I think it would be a good idea to have the ID be claimed ONLY if the PDA is used on the ID, and otherwise have it work as normal.
PDA bombs no longer destroy IDs

But yeah, ID > PDA insert, PDA > ID claim is the best route to take here!
FUUUUUUCK Now I have to destroy a habit I developed over years of play.
(07-31-2020, 08:14 AM)Technature Wrote: When you're PDA bombed enough, you learn not to do that.

In any case, I think it would be a good idea to have the ID be claimed ONLY if the PDA is used on the ID, and otherwise have it work as normal.

I always just turned off my send receive for the first thirty minutes. Can't bomb me if you can't message me
(08-02-2020, 01:05 AM)vampirate Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 08:14 AM)Technature Wrote: When you're PDA bombed enough, you learn not to do that.

I always just turned off my send receive for the first thirty minutes.  Can't bomb me if you can't message me

This is a good point.  Sadly, some jobs (mostly Sec and Medbay work) can't do it, since you never know how fast shit would go down.
(08-02-2020, 09:46 AM)Technature Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 01:05 AM)vampirate Wrote:

I always just turned off my send receive for the first thirty minutes.  Can't bomb me if you can't message me

This is a good point.  Sadly, some jobs (mostly Sec and Medbay work) can't do it, since you never know how fast shit would go down.

As medic even I do it. I keep mobile and active as a medic and make sure and check to morgue, if someone dies somewhere else I'm not chasing them, and I try to clone people on this list every ten or so