Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
New random event: Genie
Transmission from central command:
Our sensors have picked up a being of immense power hidden in one of the lamps on station.

A new rare random event, One ghost would be picked to spawn as a genie in a golden lamp somewhere on station, This genie could spawn any NPC, with any clothes and name and object in hands, And could also spawn any item and object in game, Even things like robusttec and *traitor items, Thing is they can only spawn 3 things, or grant 3 wishes in some form or another. The first person to find and pick up and rub the lamp would summon the genie, then have said genie permanently mindslaved to the person. The owner would also be able to set the genie free where they would then become a Magical spirt that could spawn small random things like piles of credits or other small things like covering a area in stickers

As for traitor items, unless your a Antag, it would be considered greif to use them in a bad ways, but things like filling a sleepy pen full of medical chems would be good and encouraged, along with emaged syringe guns or other things.
Genies wouldnt also be able to make a person die, Unless it was confirmed they were a Antag Or the person using the genie was a Antag
They would also be able to do stupid things like turning the entire station intio fartonium infused steel parts / glass
I think as a rare event this could be fun and/or interesting!
Seems more like an admin event type thing to me. I think pope use to hide on the station and announce he was hiding and the first person to find him would get whatever they asked for or something like that.
Major issue is that all the potential wishes to be wished for would need to be coded into the game ahead of time, and theres no telling what people will wish for. You'd have many instances of people making an off-the-wall, creative wish, but then be told that the genie simply doesnt have the power to, say, turn all monkeys onboard the station into plasmastone. Also, there would need to be safeguards against things like 'I wish to kill everyone on board the station' or whatever.

Its another problem altogether if the genie is meant to have the ability to reinterpret the wish in some way, to corrupt it hilariously/ironically. The twist would also need to be pre-coded.

The freeform nature of the scenario really demands that it be an admin event.
It's a cool idea but even if you can't use it for griefing it seems OP as hell.