Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
make like, everything breakable
i guess the idea is to make more things on station breakable / responsive to damage?
so this would probably mean making almost everything able to take damage
but what should have special interactions with this? like, how atms spurt money everywhere when theyre broken. 
i want ideas for those kinds of interactions
Yeah, this should be a long term goal
Wasn't there a megathread for suggested ways to break items?

But yeah, good idea. It makes the station feel more real.
i dont want ways to break, i want like, what specifically happens with stuff when you break it. break a vending machine, get a few free items. break a sink, it creates a flood of water. stuff like that
sharp object+bush=no more bush
(07-30-2020, 11:57 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote: i dont want ways to break, i want like, what specifically happens with stuff when you break it. break a vending machine, get a few free items. break a sink, it creates a flood of water. stuff like that

Yeah that's what that thread was supposed to be. Special ways for things to break, and/or reporting indestructible objects.
It would be nice if certain consoles on the map could be broken apart, like the QM console. Every time I try to make a new Medbay I run into something dumb that I can't deconstruct like that. Printers, too.
(07-30-2020, 01:46 PM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: It would be nice if certain consoles on the map could be broken apart, like the QM console. Every time I try to make a new Medbay I run into something dumb that I can't deconstruct like that. Printers, too.

I'm still not sure how much Goon wants actual mechanics for deconstructing and building machines beyond "scan it".
Printers should spray ink
Soda and coffee machines leak drinks on the floor
PDAs should get cracked screens
Headsets some text garbling
Flashlights should flicker
Fire extinguishers should dent and burst
Tools get dulled, dinged, or bent
Are glass doors still impenetrable? They should drop glass shards and a bit of wire
The only thing is, would all these items having complex interactions make explosions even more laggy?
Break the escape shuttle, round never ends.

Guns could shatter into scrap and, if loaded, shoot the rest of its magazine in random directions.